LIVE LIVE LIVE from the Crown 7/11 2nd Try

Merion_Mom

As you can imagine, I'm very excited as we sail in 10 days (no make that 9 as it's after midnight). You've been so upbeat with this whole situation. I guess the alternative really doesn't behoove anyone, so I think you've handled this all very well.

I was nervous when you started describing only metal chairs and no loungers, but the second set of more comfy chairs will do. If I want to put my feet up, I'll use the little table.

This is my first Princess cruise but my 12th overall. We used to be solely RCCL cruisers but had to hang out with Carnival for a couple of the last ones as we had children in the 2-3 year age group for a few years and wanted the use of the kids club. So, I'm very familiar with RCCL and Carnival standard balcony cabins. I've also sailed in a jr suite on RCCL a few times. From scrutinizing Caribbean Princess cabin pics for months and then the Crown pics when they first started surfacing, I immediately thought that the cabins were very sparse and um....austere. I agree that the lack of nooks and crannies and drawers is very evident. I think I'll be able to hide most things though. I like to keep a neat cabin and we will be childless this time so we certainly won't have as much stuff.

So, you'd categorize Vicente as competent and capable, friendly and helpful? Or would he be more of the competent and capable but serious and preoccupied? Did you give him a hug when you were leaving? That's sort of the way I remember various stewards. The one's you'd instinctively hug and the ones that you sort of just smile and wave goodbye to.

Thanks again for all that you've posted. You've helped so many people. I will try to post live from the ship and will definitely let you know about the moulding and the stain. :) So, there was no water damage to the cabin? No broken glass other than Nancy's cordial mishap which you cleaned so well?

As you can imagine, I'm very excited as we sail in 10 days (no make that 9 as it's after midnight). You've been so upbeat with this whole situation. I guess the alternative really doesn't behoove anyone, so I think you've handled this all very well.

I was nervous when you started describing only metal chairs and no loungers, but the second set of more comfy chairs will do. If I want to put my feet up, I'll use the little table.

This is my first Princess cruise but my 12th overall. We used to be solely RCCL cruisers but had to hang out with Carnival for a couple of the last ones as we had children in the 2-3 year age group for a few years and wanted the use of the kids club. So, I'm very familiar with RCCL and Carnival standard balcony cabins. I've also sailed in a jr suite on RCCL a few times. From scrutinizing Caribbean Princess cabin pics for months and then the Crown pics when they first started surfacing, I immediately thought that the cabins were very sparse and um....austere. I agree that the lack of nooks and crannies and drawers is very evident. I think I'll be able to hide most things though. I like to keep a neat cabin and we will be childless this time so we certainly won't have as much stuff.

So, you'd categorize Vicente as competent and capable, friendly and helpful? Or would he be more of the competent and capable but serious and preoccupied? Did you give him a hug when you were leaving? That's sort of the way I remember various stewards. The one's you'd instinctively hug and the ones that you sort of just smile and wave goodbye to.

Thanks again for all that you've posted. You've helped so many people. I will try to post live from the ship and will definitely let you know about the moulding and the stain. :) So, there was no water damage to the cabin? No broken glass other than Nancy's cordial mishap which you cleaned so well?

Of ourse there was no water damage.............Caribe Deck is five decks away from the pool deck, and the water only came down the stairs and elevator shafts. *Our* cabin is wwwwaaaaaaaaaay back on the very aft corner.

He's VICENTE, not Vincente. I know, we kept wanting to put in that "n", too.

He isn't warm and cuddly, but he does an excellent job and has a very big heart. He responds well to friendship and kindness. Frankly, I don't know how he managed to always make up our room, regardless of whether we were out at the break of dawn, or sleeping in until almost noon.

Size-wise, I would say that it's comparable to an E cabin on a Voyager class ship.

Hey Carol, I guess I should've gone with you after all. That way if the piano player wouldn't have obliged, I could've knocked him out of the way and played/sung "Nearer My God to Thee for You" ...after a little liquid courage (I'm more a vodka girl myself, rather than tequila).

Bars open and quite quite free.

The announcement was that the comedian would still perform in Explorers Lounge. I don't know if it happened, because we were having SUCH a good time in the Michelangelo dining room with Simon. We had the 8:30 seating, and we didn't leave until about quarter of 11.

I heard no announcement about the open bars, but word of mouth was pretty effective. It was mostly younger people getting quite wasted. I can't really blame them; they merely seized the proferred opportunity.

The entire Lido Deck was closed. The most damaged area was the Horizon Court area, all of it, including Cafe Caribe. So, no Titanic. :D

I asked Jacinta if anyone lost his or her job over the showing of Titanic. (What were they thinking?????)

Of course, I'm the one who suggested:

a. that someone should go over to the grand piano in the Piazza and start playing "Nearer My God To Thee"

b. to the Future Cruises guy, "Do you think that this will affect future bookings?" :D :D

(by the way, he was one of only two Princess employees who reacted or spoke meanly or inappropriately - everyone else was a veritable picture of perfect poise and care. He snapped at me, "You should just be glad you're alive" - I said, "Lighten up. I was trying to bring a little humor into our situation".)

Well, I'm ROTFL. And I forgot about the BUSD. A casualty of the list, perhaps.

About the tv, I once had a TV that wouldn't turn off. Had to unplug it before leaving for work. It didn't have a remote (back in the 80s) so that wasn't it.

cp: here's a link to the one photo of C752 that I managed to get.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/2487218970077959744oJozsl

So glad you and Nancy got home safely. I have been enjoying your posts all week, and especially your wonderful attitude recently. I hope there are folks like you 2 on our 8/7 cruise.

Are you going to post any other photos?

Carol,

Thanks for all the great posts. I am sorry we did not get to meet on the cruise. It seems like every time there was a CC get together we were busy doing something else. The ship and the service were absolutely great. Margie and I are doing fine and already talking about when we are going on our next cruise. Charlie (the one showing off his 1996 Yankee World Series Ring) and his wife Arlene were on their first cruise and unfortunately they said it was their last) came away without a scratch, however, Arlene still cries whenever she talks about the cruise. She is totally tramatized.

We have a lot of pictures we would like to share. How do I go about posting them.

Love from a stranger,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carol-

So, did you ever take that picture of the blow-up doll? If so, please post it here. You did mention you don't know what her fate was :rolleyes:. I think you mentioned the man with the doll may be an entertainer on the ship. Any idea of which act he was associated with?

Our CC group needs a good laugh, and if he is a "regular" it would be fun to witness his antics.

Thanks.

Hi Carol-

So, did you ever take that picture of the blow-up doll? If so, please post it here. You did mention you don't know what her fate was :rolleyes:. I think you mentioned the man with the doll may be an entertainer on the ship. Any idea of which act he was associated with?

Our CC group needs a good laugh, and if he is a "regular" it would be fun to witness his antics.

Thanks.

I was on the same cruise. The man with the blowup doll was not an entertainer but actually a Mexican politician that was on the cruise. Him and his wife were very nice and I played poker with them a couple of nights.

Archived