Just returned from Enchantment (June 26th cruise)

I've been back a few days now and I plan to write a full review in the next couple of days. I'm having a pretty tough time getting used to living life again without all the special attention that was very easy to get used to on the Enchantment. We had a wonderful time, everything was great. We went to Jamaica, my new favorite port, and Grand Cayman. If I can answer any questions for anyone I'd be glad to. We hired Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios and Captain Bryan's for our stingray tour in Grand Cayman.

Darlene

I almost forgot, we used Priceline to get the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale and just like everything else about this trip it was great.

Hi, I just booked the Enchantment in February at same ports. I'll be looking forward to your review. This is the first cruise for my family. I made a post elsewhere concerning the attire for the formal nite and smart casual nite also. Any input you have regarding that would be great, as my hubby and 14 year old son are getting cranky about the clothing they will be required to wear. Just how formal was everyone, even the smart casual sounds quite formal for the boys.

I'll wait for your review!

Thanks

I'm still trying to get it back together after my return home. I promise I will work on a review later tonight. I wish I was still aboard the Enchantment. Of all the cruises that I've been on this was my absolute favorite. I loved the ship, the crew, the food, the shows, and the ports of call.

As for formal night, it was about an even mixture of tuxedos and dark suits for the men and most of the women where dressed to the nines. For smart casual night again the women were dressed in stylish "cocktail" type outfits and most of the men wore dark suits. You usually see at least one "tank top" outfits but not on this cruise. I like it when everyone plays nice and follows the suggested dress guidelines.

Darlene

Darlene,

I know I've seen posts on how to do this, but could you please tell me the steps you went through to get Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale and what you paid for it? Also, did you get a king room or two beds? Queen or double?

We're going the end of October and I can't wait!

Watching for your review!

I've been back a few days now and I plan to write a full review in the next couple of days. I'm having a pretty tough time getting used to living life again without all the special attention that was very easy to get used to on the Enchantment. We had a wonderful time, everything was great. We went to Jamaica, my new favorite port, and Grand Cayman. If I can answer any questions for anyone I'd be glad to. We hired Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios and Captain Bryan's for our stingray tour in Grand Cayman.

Darlene,

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time on your cruise.

I'm going on the Enchantement in August. Can you answer two questions for me?

I thought I read a few weeks ago that Matt Baker was taking some time off. Do you know when this will be? I've heard so much about him, it would be a shame to miss him.

Also, I was looking forward to seeing the Beatles tribute band, but I read a review recently that mentioned that they did not perform on that sailing. I wasn't sure if that meant they were off the Enchantment permanently or just taking a break. Were they peforming on your cruise?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Gary

perhaps I can answer a couple of your questions - I was on the same Enchantment cruise which returned July 1. I don't know if I will write a long review eventually, but will try to help answer questions people post on the boards.

Matt Baker - he was wonderful - my kids loved him, too. He appeals to everyone.( yeah, baby, yeah - he does a great Austin Powers!) He did say he was taking some time off this summer. It is very possible he will not be on your August cruise.

The Beatles tribute show was awesome. They performed the 3rd night of the cruise. A far as I know they are still continuing to perform - didn't hear anything to the contrary. Hope you get to see their show!

Thanks for the quick reply, Amazer.

After hearing SOOOO much about Matt Baker, it will be a shame to miss him, but hopefully whoever is filling in for him will do a good job.

I'm glad to hear that that the Beatles tribute band is still there. I'm a huge Beatles fan and have heard raves about the show.

I guess one out of two isn't too bad. icon12.gif

Wow- Matt better be back by Sept 23! I loved him last September, this time we're bringing family. Glad the Beatles are there- I'm a professional musician and I think they are a great band! Was the Frnch Canadian group in the Centrum by any chance? I just got airfare from Louisville to FLL for...ready for this....150 per person round trip including all taxes, fees. Yep, folks, September is a great time to cruise! I got 4 rooms at the Marriott for 69 bucks each via Priceline and 2 for the same price at Embassy Suites.I booked those today, I think I'd try a little lower! Put in for a 3 star downtown.

I know I said I had two questions, but I just thought of another one.icon11.gif

Can anyone who has recently sailed on the Enchantment 5 day itinerary tell me if they serve lobster one of the evenings?

I read that they don't offer it on the shorter cruises, but not I'm sure whether five days makes the cutoff. My wife and I both love lobster and we'd be disappointed if it's not being offered on this cruise.

But I'd rather be disappointed now instead of later on the ship.

Thanks.

Garycruz - its me again - we had lobster on the 5 day Enchantment (in the dining room). Actually it was lobster tail and shrimp scampi together as an entree. And it was so good that my hubby and another young lady sitting at our table asked for and received second helpings. The head waiter comes around and removes the lobster meat from the shell for you, too.

I hope you get Matt Baker, the Beatles show and the lobster like we did!

Thank you Darlene and Amazar. I'm so glad to hear about the lobster! That shrimp scampi sounds real good too.

Having the lobster and seeing the Beatles tribute band (if they're still there) will take some of the sting out of missing Matt Baker.

We just may have to go a second time until we see him. icon10.gif

We are soo glad to hear that lobster might be served!! That is soemthing we will keep our fingers crossed for, but if not, no biggie!!

We are hoping that Matt Baker will be on our Sept 13th cruise!! I have heard such great things about him.

I am sooo excited. Cant wait to read everyone's full length review(hint-hint)

Darlene, Thanks for your feedback. We have booked the Embassy Suites also. Glad to hear there will be lobster. I just hope Matt is back from vacation by then. I have heard that he is awesome! Also glad the Beatles show is back!! :D Do you have any other tips or suggestions of things not to miss? We are not doing the same ports as you, we are sailing to Key West, Cozumel & Belize. We can't wait!

We did have lobster on our January 5 day Enchantment cruise and it was so good I had a second! I was quite pleased with the food overall. Should be a GREAT cruise. And Linda, we had $150 w/tax etc included from Spirit Air in January from Detroit airport...don't you love those deals???!!!!!

KHarding I bet you are REALLY getting excited now!

Aching to cruise again.....

Adowning

Archived