Recommendions for hotels in Auckland

alibee

Hi from Auckland

Re Auckland hotels.......

May I suggest

The Copthorne Habour City.

It is straight across the road from the wharf ,from where your ship will be leaving ,so you can simply walk across the road to embark.

It is a standard tourist hotel,

modern and purpose built,

but you wont be paying Hilton prices...

Here is the web site for you to check it out..

http://www.copthorneharbourcity.co.nz/

The Hyatt is a long ways from the waterfront. We stayed at the Heritage in February. It is about four blocks up the hill from the waterfront, but very walkable both ways. Close to every thing and featured an excellent "seniors" rate if you are eligble for that. Ask for a room with harbor view.

http://www.heritageauckland.nz-hotels.com/

We found the service, location and accommodations to be excellent.

Jerry

In 1997 during a month long vacation to Sydney & New Zealand, we stayed at the Hyatt. This is the one thing we would change if doing the trip again. We loved everything else about Auckland & New Zealand except that hotel.

In 1997 during a month long vacation to Sydney & New Zealand, we stayed at the Hyatt. This is the one thing we would change if doing the trip again. We loved everything else about Auckland & New Zealand except that hotel.

I read the reviews on the Hyatt on http://www.tripadvisor.com and they were glowing. They now have a new tower that was probably not there in 1997. The reviews of the old hotel said the rooms were small. I booked a room in the tower so I think I'll keep it. Mary Ellen, was it the small room you didn't like???

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the Hyatt Auckland post cruise 3 days March 2003. Rooms are just ok - but, hotel desk staff rude, not helpful even with Hyatt Gold Passport. Also - this property is a long uphill walk from the downtown area - there are "better" hotels based on location & price. Did taxi back to Hyatt in evenings on several occasions at reasonable price - was fine. Going back February 2006. Will stay at another location. Enjoyed AKL - not this particular Hyatt. SeaFish

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Carlton after booking them direct for about $100 USD. Our room included Carlton Club priveleges (breakfast, happy hour drinks and snacks) The hotel was great and is well located near the main streets and port.

Bop

Archived