Adding to a Cabin

I just read something @ this on a travel site this moring. In addition to weather the cabin will hold addtl passengers you have to take into consideration that the price may be different. If you are considering doing this you probably want to do it asap!

We added a third after our initial booking of two. We were booked w/ a guarantee then had to select a room paying a bit more for the first two, but there was a special on 3rds and 4ths for 179. So we ended up on the 7th floor for $40 less per person. Of course the total is 150% more than the original, but it worked out okay for us.

JC

In addition to whether the cabin is rated for more pax, you have to take into account that every ship has a maximum number of cabins that are allowed to be booked with 3 or 4 pax on each cruise. There are almost always more cabins rated to hold 3 or 4 than are allowed to be booked with that number each cruise. This has to do with the life boats and maximum souls allowed onboard (every person counts).

beachchick

Initially we booked our cruise for my husband and myself and later decided to take our son along. Because our original room could only hold two people, we had to take a different cabin in a higher category. So, we lost that original "cheaper" fare for us by having to upgrade, plus the cost of my son.

But to answer your question, yes it can be done.

It can be done easily. Call your TA (if you booked thru one) or RCI (if you booked direct). You may have to change cabins to find one that will accommodate all of you. We actually started with 2 ppl for this upcoming cruise, then added our son, then added our daughter. Takes time on the phone, but it can be done:D

Archived