Is Sabatini's worth the $$$$ ?

Hughbud

While I prefer the heavy reds...merlot, barolo, etc., it sounds as though you may be pleased with a nice chianti. ;)

For a white I would recommend a Pinot Grigio. For a red wine I would ask what they have in a Fruitier, lighter bodied type of wine. They will then understand what you are looking for.

Pretty funny how tastes differ. I consider most wine as just fermented grape juice and no matter what the bottle price is, it all tastes pretty much about the same like for like. Sometimes I wish I could actually tell the difference between a £4 botle and a £50 bottle. :D

My own opinion of course.

Cheers,

Peter

I thought Sabitini's was worth it. Yes, you can get dinner for free in the dining room, but it was nice to try something, someplace different. The food was very good and nice to try many different dishes. The lobster main course was excellent. My only complaint no gelato for dessert. I would and will go again.

Cruising in October aboard Caribbean Princess. Is Sabatini's the Italian restaurant worth our while to make reservations?

Hughbud

YES! YES! YES! It is absolutely worth having dinner at Sabatini's. It's not a quick dinner, but it's worth it wait and additional money. The food is really good.

Another great restaurant is the Crown Grill. It's offered on the Crown Princess, but I'm not sure if it's on any other ship. Amazing food... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! ;)

Archived