Drinking age on Princess

burger40

Just off the Crown and it is very definitely 21. My daughter is 15, but looks older and the waiter in the dining room was very cautious to check her age on day one!

I like the age requirement - nothing worse than a bunch of 17-18 year olds that can't hold their liquor, roaming around the ship! :(

Interestingly enough, when I was on the Sea Princess earlier this month I saw it posted in both the Patter and at the bars that the drinking age was 18. I was quite surprised, as I assumed Princess' drinking age was 21 fleetwide. I figured it may be 18 on the Sea Princess because she was marketed very heavily to the Brits and other Europeans. There were only 600+ Americans on board the ship that holds 1950 on our cruise. Luckily there weren't many kids and we never noticed a problem with drunken teenagers. I wonder if they will change the drinking age back to 21 when she goes to the Caribbean for the winter.

Our experience in the Mediterranean - 5 17-20 year olds. Posted age was 21. They were allowed wine at our table in the dining room as long as we were seated together. At no time were they allowed to purchase / order wine, beer or liquor anywhere - which is how it should be.

Nancy, you say that cruises in Europe are a different animal, but I was on both the Golden Princess and the Star Princess in Europe last year and the drinking age on both was 21 (as it was when I was on Royal Princess in Europe three years ago). That's why I was so surprised to see it was 18 on the Sea Princess this year. I was under the impression that Princess had a fleetwide minimum drinking age of 21 on all of it's ships, no matter where they are sailing.

Archived