I like (fill in the blank) about cruising Royal Caribbean

Like some of you out there, we've been following the following the blog of Tina The Cruise Gal for a while now http://holidaycruise12232007.blogspot.com/2006/07/best-things-about-cruising.html

and today's topic is things the author loves about cruising. I thought it would be fun to put a spin on it and start a list about things we love about cruising Royal Caribbean, so, here's a start:

1) Some of largest, most interesting ships afloat

2) Johnny Rocket's on Voyager Class ships

3) Self leveling pool tables on Radiance Class ships

4) Cruise Director Graham Seymour (our favorite to date)

5) The Schooner Bar

How about you? What are your favorite things about RCCL?

Fun entry in the blog today and good idea to post this question! I hope the people in Royal Caribbean corporate headquarters are reading this because:

1) I love the fact that FINALLY we will have a Royal Caribbean ship based in the New York City area year round. I'd love to see at least one more up this way! Hint, Hint for those of you at corporate headquarters.

2) I love the suites on Voyager Class ships

3) I love the people I meet on a Royal Caribbean cruise, I've found them to be among the friendliest on the seas!

Things that need improvement:

- Food, I wish they'd take the comment cards more seriously on this topic

- Enforcing dress codes in the dining room

1) I like The beautiful Royal Promenades on the Freedom and Voyager Class Ships.

2) I like The beautiful multi-tiered Dining Rooms on Empress, Radiance Class, Freedom Class, Voyager Class, and Vision Class.

3) I like the fact that there are more and more veranda cabins on the newer ships.

4) I like the fact that Royal Caribbean has the BEST FLEET AFLOAT!!!

5) They treat their past guests to a good loyalty program (Crown and Anchor Society!)

6) I like Royal Caribbean because I can spend time relaxing and being with my family!

Some Improvements would be:

Dress Code-for sure in Dining Areas-

1) I *LOVE* that kids have a great time, adults have a great time and there is a great mix of kid/family/adult things to do

2) I love the fact that in switching from DCL (which was great don't get me wrong) I can get a HUGE cabin (JS to Cat 6/9) for the same price PLUS we got a ton more things to do (golf, rock wall, ice-skating, inline skating)

3) Quest and Love & Marriage

4) The endless supply of things to do that make you want more time or another cruise just to fit it all in

-they have one of the most rewarding past passenger programs in crown and anchor

-they have the brightest fleet in terms of glass, centrums, balconies so you know you are at sea and not in some upper class hotel. wish they would bring one of the radiance class to the west coast; the monarch sucks.

- and I, in contrast to some posters, appreciate the fact that they do not enforce the dress code. smart economics on their part. nothing would drive pax away more than a rigid dress patrol - they rely on good judgment from most pax, which works, with a few exceptions. and i am one who adheres to the suggested attire, so no flaming please.:)

We love...

- the Solariums - ahhh, total adult relaxation

- the fact that you can carry your own luggage and disembark early

- activities and facilities that cater to ALL ages in our family

- the incredibly polite and helpful onboard staff

- that RCCL is finally going to try sending a ship out of Norfolk, Virginia

- the very helpful Customer Service staff who helps me out every time I call

Cheryl

I love:

The feeling you get as you sail away on the first day.

The parade at midnight!

The way the Schooner bar always has a touch of "smoked" smell to it. (Not cigarette smoke- almost a wood burning fireplace smoke!)

Dancing with your kids at the kids/parent night in the disco.

Being able to roller blade while my parents play golf and my DH and boys climb the rock wall!

When the staff says "My pleasure" to any request................

Karen

as we are not a guests as many lines make you, we are member of a great family titled Crown & anchor which our Diamond luggage tags proudly state & our diamond pins get us noticed, greeted, hugged, and made sure we are happy at all times.

They have to drag me kicking & screaming to get me on the bus to the airport to go home. Why it takes SO LONG for sail date to arrive & then you get on, have a great first day & night & fall asleep & it is time to go home & that is a 2 week cruise!!!! SO UNFAIR!!!

Now if we could get some major revamps to make RCCL #1 on Loyalty program perks. Diamond & Plus should have free laundry for over 9 nights, so we can have less luggage to transport. How about FREE Net service for when it is working, which isn't that much. 20 minutes per person on a 2 week cruise is pretty cheap. Let those of us that want to cruise more often know when one isn't selling, so we can partake of the FLA deals we hear about that locales get near to docks. I can drive from Ohio east to be there or a cheap flight to FLA to get one, so cut me great deals to do it since I only need 3 weeks to book it! Maybe even less for a great great deal.

Archived