Waterproof Wallet ???

P.A.

Has anyone tried the "Beach Safe" waterproof wallet from Cruise Critic store? Just wondering if it's any good. Was needing to get one for our upcoming cruise in Oct, something to keep a few dollars in and maybe a credit card, and got an email from Cruise Critic today saying I get a 20% discount for my birthday, and that was the only thing I could think of that I needed.

Link to it: http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26

Please let me know if you recommend a certain kind or if you've seen this one.

Thanks in advance! :)

I haven't purchased that specific one, but we have 2 that are just like it. We really like ours. You just have to be sure that there is nothing in the seal (such as sand) and it shouldn't leak. (We had one leak one time.) If your money or ID should get wet it doesn't matter. Wet money spends just as quickly as dry money!

Oh, Happy Birthday!

Thanks guys for that information! Maybe I should go ahead and get the one on Cruise Critic. Seems cheap enough. Just hope it doesn't leak.

SHEFFIE~Thanks for the Birthday wish. There not any fun anymore, but I'm glad I'm having one! :)

Oh by the way....how do you get that link where it tells you how much longer til your cruise? Thanks!

Thanks guys for that information! Maybe I should go ahead and get the one on Cruise Critic. Seems cheap enough. Just hope it doesn't leak.

SHEFFIE~Thanks for the Birthday wish. There not any fun anymore, but I'm glad I'm having one! :)

Oh by the way....how do you get that link where it tells you how much longer til your cruise? Thanks!

You might actually wait until you're on board the ship. The gift shop will almost certainly have them. We were just on Rhapsody and they had two sizes for sale. One was real thin and would probably hold just your seapass card & some folding money for about $4.95 and the other was thicker and held more for about $5.95. Looks just like the CC one, too, and you won't have to pay shipping charges.

I have used my beach safe for a few years without incident - but a warning - my husband's fell apart (side pin fell out) - and he was swimming around with the top half still on and around his neck - while the bottom half was at the bottom of Sapphire beach somewhere:eek: :eek:

We managed to find the Visa card (deep in the sand already) - but the $55 in cash he was carrying was 'donated' to the Caribbean sea! (and we had help from a family w/3 teenagers who were 'diving' around looking for the $$ - which we told them they could keep if they found it!:D ). Luckily as well his S&S card was in a zippered waterproof bathing suit pocket.

I still use my beach safe - but what I would recommend is simply adding a rubber band (vertically top to bottom ) to ensure they don't separate - very easily done!

Froufie:cool:

Archived