What "Season" Are You?

What "Season" are you?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What "Season" are you?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall
    • Winter

When I did the color draping thing eons ago, I was a "summer". Guess I probably still am, I wonder if/how aging affects that?? I do keep my hair color the same blonde that I had as a teen, just a tad darker.

CJW, thanks for bringing this up, I had forgotten the whole "season" concept, and it really does make sense. I know I look better in some colors than others but I don't stick with what I know works color-wise because I'm too busy (and desperate!) looking for ANYTHING that works size-wise! :o I really should try to start building on the stuff that looks good on me, lol.

Doesn't everyone have a "season"? My SO insists it's voodoo (I always thought he was quite intelligent before he came out with that), and that he looks good in any color he decides to wear. I KNOW I look better in some colors - it also explains why I don't care for certain colors (orange and yellow) and like others (red, blue and "jewel" tones).

Hmmm - do you think he's colorblind??:eek:

OK, I'm trying one more time and if it doesn't work, I give up.

Don't give up, you did it!

If I'm reading the coloring correctly through my monitor (which I think I am) you are obviously a Winter.

You can wear black or pure white, and any colors that are bright but cool.

So, no warm tones, but what could be good (if we're correct on this...)

For example:

Black, Icy Pink, Icy Blue, Royal Blue, Emerald Green, Pine Green, Blue-Red.

The big question is...

What colors do you wear - where everytime you wear that exact tone/color/shade people say you look good?

That's the true test.

Hope this helps.

CJW

PS Looked at the picture again, you are definitely a Winter with that dark hair and eyes, and that light blue-ish/rose skin tone!

Hi

What would you be if you have a very pinkish skin tone- fair skin - blond as child -now ash brown (they call it a green base) with blond streaks- and green eyes??

No idea what I am but I like black , white, some beiges, some browns....some metallics.....

Really hard time finding foundation - because if they are fair- they are too yellow- make me look muddy..

thanks!

Thank you for your help Curt Jerome Wild,

I get the most compliments when I wear red and pink. A crispy white shirt looks good on me too. I always thought dark brown fitted me well but I may have to rethink that. One thing is sure, lighter tones of green and any kind of beige does NOT look good around my face (too bad, I love beige...). Now that I think about it, I don't own any orange or baby blue clothes (even if they are very IN these days, probably because they never look good when I try them on).

Thanks again!

I just re-read you initial post, Winter is cold, subtle colors... most of the time, except for pink, I don't like how the subtle/pale tones look on me (especially in winter when I am very pale).... I may have to check that again.

Uggh! I am so confused! I don't think I belong to a season!:o

I have warm brown hair with blondish highlights (natural), olive skin and brown/green eyes.

The colors in my closet are mostly white, red and black. Red and white are my best colors, with black being the safe color. I was just told by a friend that brown is not good for me; it washes me out (there goes some of my basic shirts), green matches my skin tone too much (some call me Kermy!), and pastels just wash me out (no pinks, yellows, mauves, light blues or tans).

I am thinking that I am a Spring as I look best in bright colors, but only in some. No greens here. However, I just purchased an orange tank top (out of my comfort zone here) and it looks really good, so I guess I have found a home: Spring!

Orange must look good on you, and it's so IN!!!! You're lucky!

I'm definitely an autumn. I have dark red copper colored hair, brown eyes and very pale white skin that will freckle from even mentioning the s-u-n word.

My best colors are the greens - olive, sage, chartreuse. (never parrot).

I look better in ivory than pure white - but I love the look of a crisp white shirt (ivory doesn't carry the same panache). So when I wear one, I add a little color. I often wear a small rolled up scarf around my neck (cotton Pucci or silk Hermes pouchette) or in summer, a colorful necklace. I also make sure to wear a deeper colored lipstick.

I LOVE black and technically, it's not for autumns, but it does look well on me, so go figure.

True to the rules, I look horrid in blues, grey's and purples.

The rules say I should look good in the color rust or cognac, however, I hate it on me. It's the same color as my hair and makes me simply look bland. I'll wear a cognac colored bag or shoes, but never a scarf or sweater.

The rules say I shouldn't wear pinks, but I do and I look well in them. I like baby pink as well as fuschia/magenta. But hey, life's about exception to the rules. ;)

Coral looks well on me but I hate it as a color. I think it's very old lady looking. So perhaps I'll wear it when I'm 80. :)

Thanks for the info. I thought I was a summer till I re-read your posts. I am definately a spring. What tipped me off is this - I have 2 identical tops, one is baby blue and one is deep coral. When I wear the blue one - nothing. When I wear the coral one everyone tells me that the color is good for me. Guess I know what colors to get from now on!

Curt, I'm one of your Springs. (strawberry blond hair, blue green eyes, fair freckled skin)

I've noticed over the years that the rich, classy looking women in my city wear lots of beige, black, navy, grey and understated colors, none of which look good on me. However, I think the bright colors in my closet are screaming "middle class".

Also, my fun friend and I go to London every year and my colors look downright shocking there. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is wearing black, head to toe. The only color I see is in their scarves. Maybe their underwear has color but I don't ask.

My clothes scream AMERICAN!

It's not totally a bad thing because we meet the most delightful people who approach us and want to talk. We make friends everywhere we go.

I'd like to fit in with the local richies from time to time and I might like to look a little more British in London. Any ideas?

Curt' date=' I'm one of your Springs. (strawberry blond hair, blue green eyes, fair freckled skin)

I've noticed over the years that the rich, classy looking women in my city wear lots of beige, black, navy, grey and understated colors, none of which look good on me. However, I think the bright colors in my closet are screaming "middle class".

Also, my fun friend and I go to London every year and my colors look downright shocking there. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is wearing black, head to toe. The only color I see is in their scarves. Maybe their underwear has color but I don't ask.

My clothes scream AMERICAN!

It's not totally a bad thing because we meet the most delightful people who approach us and want to talk. We make friends everywhere we go.

I'd like to fit in with the local richies from time to time and I might like to look a little more British in London. Any ideas?[/quote']

I think you've answered your own question. If you already know what the Londoners wear then you need to do the same if you want to look more local. You're right, bright colored clothing always screams American. There must be an american tourist shop somewhere in the US that sells all those ugly teal colored nylon jackets I see on american tourists in Europe. LOL!

Where do you live? I live in NYC which is more European than any other US city. I definitely dress like a NYer (black, black and then black) and anytime I travel to Europe it's assumed I'm a native - until I speak, of course. I go to Paris twice a year and always have a giggle when americans come up to me to ask directions in their broken french and I answer them in my perfect english! :)

Thanks Jane. You're right. If I want to fit in in London, I must wear black. I will look awful. :( And no one will want to talk to me. :( In my city I must wear beige. I will look invisible. :(

Keeping in mind that my friend and I look totally American, a funny thing happened to us a couple of years ago in London. We were in Victoria Station or one of the other major hubs and it was rush hour.

A young woman, tears in her eyes, came up to us and asked for directions. She was British but from a small town and had never ridden the tube in London before. She had been hired for her first job. They had given her explicit directions to get to the office, red line, green line, whatever. One of those "you can't miss it" things. She got lost and was nearly late and falling apart. She was such a sweet little thing.

Of all the hundreds of people in the station, she came up to us. We speculate it was because we looked like middle aged mothers and we weren't in a hurry. My friend knows the tube well and we walked her to her stop. My friend assured her she was close to the office and could make it in time. She made her repeat the next move or two and then hugged her. When the young woman got on the train, she was smiling happily. It made our day.

• 3 years later...

Hi

I can not wear red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, brown, green,

So I must be not alive right, ever since I am getting older nothng looks good on me, guess I am in trouble so black is my colour with white

Hmmm now that is interesting as I love that colour and it sometimes is hard to find but I love to read these emails on how others know what they look good in

Guess it is hard since I have to die my hair now

I'm definitely a winter - very, very dark brown hair, usually colored black, but fades to my natural dark brown, brown eyes, fair to medium skin tone. Red is my best color, beige or yellow are my worst. I always felt that if I wanted to plan on calling in sick to work, all I would have to do is wear beige or yellow the day before, and everyone would probably ask if I'm feeling OK, I don't look well.

Loved rich jeweled colors on me - teal, deep red, royal blue.

No pastels.

I have no idea what season I am. I think I am close to Beanie.

I look awful in yellow or green. I have chestnut hair, dark brown eyes, Mediterranean sallow skin - medium tones (I do not burn easily in the sun).

I have been complimented while wearing royal blue, apricot/peachy, orange and possibly white (not sure).

So, perhaps Winter?? Jerome?

Jane - I could have written your post, which describes me, my color preferences and my wardrobe perfectly! I also love black but temper it with jewelry or a scarf. It must be a true black with no blue or grey cast to work for me, though.

I'm such an autumn, I should have been a leaf!

Archived