Expense Checks For 7/11 Crown

24 FAN

:mad: I'm with you....sorry that your child is hurting....and

we all suffered mental anguish on that cruise.....I agree....Princess is a big corporation....don't feel sorry for them...their staff caused this accident...they should be processing everything as quickly as they can.

since you quoted the post to me I will respond. I never said that I feel sorry for Princess, heck I'm still annoyed at how the the fire situation for various reasons. I understand mental anguish, all I did was offer up advice.

ky woman-

unreal that you would want Princess to pick up the parking fee for where you parked your car. Give me a break over that one. (btw- that is another company that you will have to seek the money back on that one)

Yes, the ship had a problem- look at this way- you had 6 great days at sea and yes, things happen look at what you got to see and cruise for free!

Think positive and not so negatively. And don't look for other people to pay for things!

As a princess cruiser- yes, we as customers are going to have to pay for what happened on that ship that day- the prices are going up! NOt sure if the insurance is going to pay since it was human error.

Again- Princess is going to pull out of NY if this keeps up.

ky woman-

unreal that you would want Princess to pick up the parking fee for where you parked your car. Give me a break over that one. (btw- that is another company that you will have to seek the money back on that one)

Yes, the ship had a problem- look at this way- you had 6 great days at sea and yes, things happen look at what you got to see and cruise for free!

Think positive and not so negatively. And don't look for other people to pay for things!

As a princess cruiser- yes, we as customers are going to have to pay for what happened on that ship that day- the prices are going up! NOt sure if the insurance is going to pay since it was human error.

I think the point was, why is princess paying for peoples flights to the cruise ship- before the cruise - and won't pay for someone to drive to the ship and pay for the parking while on the cruise- I don't think it was a money issue as much as why isn't everyone getting the same treatment. For instance- I traveled with relatives, My own daughter was charged differently from us, the number of days to pay the ship gratuity- we were both charged a different number of days- I think they need time to straighten out their paperwork- But I honestly feel the post was about fairness not being greedy for money. I'm sorry that you feel as though you will be paying for the incident- "Think positive"

However the post was about fairness- Example-a person that flew from China, had their flight reimbursed, however a family of 5 didn't have their parking which was about $200.00 reimbursed?- Doesn't sound so fair to me.

ky woman-

I think you have some nerve telling us how we should feel after going through this incident. My Fiance has not had a full night sleep since we've returned home and has had to start taking sleeping pills. When something happens that makes you fear for your life, it kind of cancels out whatever fun you experienced prior to that. I think positive in that I am glad our injuries are only emotional and we were both able to walk off the ship on our two good feet. I don't think that demanding reimbursement for an incident that was 110% Princess' fault is "looking for something for free."

And for those people who are having trouble with your credit cards, try disputing the onboard charges. I did with my Citi Card and it worked. It was only $500 but I look at it as a down payment toward the $938 princess owes me. I think we should start charging them interest!! I call Princess yesterday and now they are telling me that I will be mid-September before I get a check (And my paperwork was recieved via Certified Mail on 7/29). At every turn, Princess could have taken this incident to let their customer service shine but instead they have only served to anger and alienate their customer base.

I think you have some nerve telling us how we should feel after going through this incident. My Fiance has not had a full night sleep since we've returned home and has had to start taking sleeping pills. When something happens that makes you fear for your life, it kind of cancels out whatever fun you experienced prior to that. I think positive in that I am glad our injuries are only emotional and we were both able to walk off the ship on our two good feet. I don't think that demanding reimbursement for an incident that was 110% Princess' fault is "looking for something for free."

And for those people who are having trouble with your credit cards, try disputing the onboard charges. I did with my Citi Card and it worked. It was only $500 but I look at it as a down payment toward the $938 princess owes me. I think we should start charging them interest!! I call Princess yesterday and now they are telling me that I will be mid-September before I get a check (And my paperwork was recieved via Certified Mail on 7/29). At every turn, Princess could have taken this incident to let their customer service shine but instead they have only served to anger and alienate their customer base.

I'm surprised that the credit cards will allow the dispute to go on as it is money that you did indeed charge and is not a mistaken charge. Has Princess told you that you are indeed getting back what your spent in your onboard account prior to the incident? If not, it's not really a disputed charge, it's a valid charge. You might want to keep an eye on that because just because Citi put a temporary hold on the amount due to the dispute it doesn't mean that it won't go back onto your account once they check into it.

I had sent my claim in via express over night mail and knew that Princess received it. However, all mail goes to the same address so just because Princess received your package on that date doesn't mean it actually moved from there mail room. Once all was sorted it was opened and put into the appropriate pile to go to the correct department. From here there are many steps to go before a check is cut. Don't hold mid Septmember as the final date as I can't begin to tell you how many times I heard that and the date would come and go.

And as a P.S., time will make it that you can start remembering the great memories of the trip and you will eventually look back on the cruise and remember all the fun you had prior to the incident. It's just too close to the cruise for you to see it this way. For months when I thought about our March sailing all I could see and remember was the fire and the sheer terror we felt for hours. Now I look back and reallly do remember how much fun we all had prior to that night and look back at it as a vacation that was perfect up until that date. The memories are mostly good, I just wish I had some pictures to be able to look at!

I wouldn't think of asking for my onboard charges to be refunded because I did receive the services ( drinks,tours and jewelry). All I want is my $2200 for my after 'list" expenses in a quick and timely manner. I was nice enough not to "pad" the expenses like flying first class,like some people did,or staying in expensive hotels. I did my part now Princess needs to do their part. Hire temp workers to do the paperwork if that is what it takes to get this behind everyone. Once again,STOP FEELING SORRY FOR PRINCESS AND DON"T MAKE EXCUSES FOR THEM..

I wouldn't think of asking for my onboard charges to be refunded because I did receive the services ( drinks,tours and jewelry). All I want is my $2200 for my after 'list" expenses in a quick and timely manner. I was nice enough not to "pad" the expenses like flying first class,like some people did,or staying in expensive hotels. I did my part now Princess needs to do their part. Hire temp workers to do the paperwork if that is what it takes to get this behind everyone. Once again,STOP FEELING SORRY FOR PRINCESS AND DON"T MAKE EXCUSES FOR THEM..

Who are you yelling at about feeling sorry for Princess and making excuses for them, me???

I usually do not post on these type of discussions but I felt it was necessary.

cjskids, I would not take what (some of )these posters are saying to you to heart. As you said, you were angry after the Star fire. But by the same token, that does not give them the right to lash out at you! You are giving them GREAT information, and unfortunately they are lashing out at the wrong person.

For the other posters, from what I read cjskids is not "feeling sorry" for Princess. She is just telling you what you can expect.

I usually do not post on these type of discussions but I felt it was necessary.

cjskids, I would not take what (some of )these posters are saying to you to heart. As you said, you were angry after the Star fire. But by the same token, that does not give them the right to lash out at you! You are giving them GREAT information, and unfortunately they are lashing out at the wrong person.

For the other posters, from what I read cjskids is not "feeling sorry" for Princess. She is just telling you what you can expect.

Thanks. I know, it's only an online discussion group and I shouldn't take anything personally. Now, I'll just keep telling myself that 10 times a day and I'll be fine!!!

Hey, I have no time to feel sorry for Princess as I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself since I'm bringing my oldest to college tomorrow. Imagine the nerve of her, growing up and leaving me alone in a household of boys!

I was nice enough not to "pad" the expenses like flying first class,like some people did,or staying in expensive hotels.

BTW, as someone that did end up flying first class, I'd like to note that it was in no way an attempt to pad my expenses, or take advantage of the situation. (Heck, my original inclination was that we would rent a car and drive back to new york). I ended up in first class because I made a legit effort at trying to find seats in coach. I only booked the first class after not finding anything coach, and because I felt that the price I got was not unreasonable for a one-way, bought same day ticket (heck, I know of people that paid more for coach seats). If the tickets had been unreasonably higher than what I expected, I wouldn't have bought them and would have gone ahead and driven (which quite frankly, probably would have cost Princess more anyways). So while I'll admit there were undoubtably some whose first thought was to book first class tickets, don't lump us all in with that.

I don't believe her, but the young woman from Princess who called me last Thursday to inform me that payment for my travel expenses had been approved SAID that I would receive a check in two to four weeks.

By the way, she said that they were DISALLOWING the $12 travel insurance that I purchased with my airline ticket. I certainly wasn't going to risk something ELSE happening and getting stuck! :(

And I didn't take a taxi home - I called my daughter to pick me up. I didn't ask them to reimburse me for that!

carolyn/cjskids - I feel for you all 'round - I take my last (second) child to college in ten days. :(

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking...

Archived