HEY, BUCKEYES! Who's from OHIO?

meyerhaus

We are from Cincinnati, and Meyerhaus, my husband was in Roger Bacon's marching band as was my brother-in-law. Did you know Gene Marquis or Wes Neal? What years were you the band director? We are going on the Tahitian Princess in Feb. 2005 to Tahiti with 8 friends. We can't wait!

Wow, I did not know I had so many neighbors on this board! I learned a few things about Euclid from amagar (thanks).

Hey slntln -- I'm from Wickliffe and will be right behind you on the Royal! Have a great cruise! :)

This is so cool!

DH and I born and raised in Bay Village! (Will be coming home at the end of July for my 20th hs reunion-eeek! and a trip to Cedar Point)

We, too, are now Virginians living in Virginia Beach!!

mom2bcr:

It's my 20th reunion this year, too (Medina)! I know everyone says this--but really, it is impossible to believe 20 years have passed. I can't believe there are people from my class who have kids one year away from drinking age...yikes! I'm only now convinced I could handle the responsibility of shaping someone's life.

Bay Village: This is the 50th anniversary of the Marilyn Sheppard murder...lucky you, you'll be home for the hoopla ; )

I have been there for the past 6 years with Wes Neal. If you have seen any of the shows for the past couple of years, I wrote the music and field formations.

I was in the band at Bacon as well. I know Gene Marquis also from both Bacon and Xavier University, where I got my degree. Who is your husband/brother-in-law?

Ummmm, no offense...but I just CAN'T resist....GOOOOOOO Wolverines!!!! :rolleyes:

Did I forget to also mention Ohio is a great competitor and that I live in Maryland, but remember the Ohio/Michigan games I attended with my father as a youth. Thanks, Ohio, for the memories...there were a FEW times you won!! :D

Another displaced Buckeye here! Grew up in southeastern Ohio down in the hills by the river. Graduated BGSU and wondering if I know BOO from the seventies. Also lived in Wooster and in Columbus and love the OSU Buckeyes!

Miss Ohio a lot, but I spend my vacations cruising so don't get back there as much as I would like. For those of you who went to BG, I can now assure you there are places in the world with a lot more wind!

Hi

Here is a couple more from Uniontown area. Grew up and lived in Cuy. Falls for many years. We moved out here 15 years ago.

Sad part is were growing to big. Were not like the show "Cheers" anymore where everybody knows your name.

Debbie

My husband, Keith Thomas, was in Bacon's band in '72 & '73. My brother-in-law, Harry (Dallas)Thomas was in the band '68-'72. Gene Marquis was in our wedding. He taught Keith to play clarinet and his brother to play alto sax. We see Gene every so often when we go to see the Pops. Did you attend Roger Bacon High School? Are you going on a cruise soon?

Patty

Hello.
We retired down here from Centerville OH, but lived in Englewood, north of Dayton before that.
Another lifetime ago, my boys and I lived in Oakwood, where they graduated from Oakwood High School.A suburb of Dayton. I was the Volunteer Director at the American Red Cross in Dayton, before moving on to be the Director of Outreach at Fairview United Methodist Church. I more or less retired from full-time work in 1995, but went on to be the Lead Teacher for an after school care program at a Methodist Church in Bellbrook, and finally, worked in Activities at Washington Manor (now Liberty Manor?) Nursing Care Center in Centerville.

My one son lives in Columbus OH, where he works for Verizon Wireless, and is also taking Graduate Classes in Economics at Otterbein. My younger son, is the TV News Director for the WB Network in Cincinnati.

Besides saying, "Go Bucks", our family also says, "Go Reds!". The last game we attended was the Reds/Cubs game, in 1990 up in the Nosebleed seats.

Glad to hear from you. Jon Gruden's(our Tampa Bay Buc's coach) alma mater, University of Dayton, was just a couple of miles up the street from us.
Lynne

This is so much fun to see where everyone is from. For anyone interested, (I hope this is allowed!) on the cruise addicts board, there is a picnic gathering of Ohio area cruisers planned for July 24th near Findlay, OH. If you check out the community message board on cruise addicts, you can find details and directions.

We hosted one of these in Toledo a few years ago and attended another one in Columbus last year and it's great to meet fellow cruisers.

Let's keep this post going!

Kathy

learning to fly - That is wild, but it's happened before. In April when we were on the Caribbean Princess I made a comment to a gal as she passed by that I liked her Ohio State t-shirt. We started talking and found out she was from Sylvania, too. Have also met other people and cruise boards from Sylvania

Guess it truly is a small world. Where do you live? We're in Centennial Farms.

Kathy

The world gets smaller and smaller! I grew up in South Toledo, but when I got married lived a mile over the border, just off Whiteford Center Rd, minutes from Sylvania. Shopped at the Churchills on Monroe St for years! That one mile over the border made a huge difference on my graduate school tuition at U of M - ergo, my Go Blue! I am trying to schedule a trip back to Toledo for early August, to see family and take my nephews to...where else? CEDAR POINT!

yay! whiteford center! sure, i know exactly where that is! and the churchills was a favorite in my family until farmer jack took over! yay for toledo, and an even BIGGER yay for cedar point- america's rockin' roller coast! [pretty sad that just about everyone in NW ohio and surrounding areas knows the catchphrase! ;)]

JMB410 - I work in South Toledo (near Hill Ave. & Byrne Rd.) and grew up on Whiteford Rd. in Sylvania right at the Michigan line. Also very familiar with Churchill's. Miss it now that Farmer Jack's has taken it over.

Learning to Fly - We're practically neighbors! I have an aunt that lives on Spring St., just off Convent, not far from Lourdes.

Of all the small Ohio towns, isn't it crazy that there are several of us from the same one. Have also met quite a few from Toledo on cruise boards.

Keep it going Buckeyes!

Kathy

Archived