HEY, BUCKEYES! Who's from OHIO?

meyerhaus

Hi - I'm an Akron gal. Born & raised. Moved to MN. 14 years ago. Husband said we only had to stay 4 years. He lied!!! LOL All my family is in Ohio and just spent last week visiting. Leaving next month on the Princess Regal ( with husband) 18 days. San Fran - New York.

Lyn

I love German village like you said it is quaint but expensive. What isn't in Ohio. Our family is all up here. My son lives in Cuy Falls, and works in Cleve. My sister is in Tallmadge. DH parents are in Akron so we will stay here. But as long as I can jump on a airplane and get to house we will. My sister and I kept the place at Strawberry Ridge (Valrico) after Mom passed and we use it as a escape from the cold and rain. Then of course we sneak in a cruise when we are down there also. If you get a chance check out Tampa CCr's on Carnival board. They get together once a month or so. It is a group of people from a wide area. We met with them in March and I keep in contact with a few of them. One of them is suppose to be on our cruise in Oct. Bye Debbie

I had to overnight a cap home to DH when we beat Phili to go the SuperBowl. Cost me as much to send hat to him at work as it did to buy it. But he had to have the hat that first week. esp since we won the super bowl a week later that made the hat outdated. I stood in line at Sports Authority for over a hour to get it for him. He bought his own Super Bowl hat, he had already made plans to come down that week. My sister and I got the t-shirts. My sister is looking forward to this season. She is the football nut not me. I don't know thing one about football, and my son played in HS. bye again

Close...I live on Robb. That is where you saw the RB band van. I no longer work there, but that is indeed where I live.

I was just by Cruise Holidays yesterday. I was shocjed to find that my watch repair shop was turned into a baseball card store!

Lisa & David, Colerain Twp. Ohio
Right around the corner from Cheviot.
We (and Lisa's mom, Pat) will be cruising the [color=black][b]Caribbean Princess on 10/23/04[/b]. Celebrating her mom's 60th birthday on 10/24/04.[/color]
Looking forward to having a [b]GREAT[/b] [b]TIME![/b]

[i][font=Times New Roman]Previous cruises:
1983 - Sitmar Cruises (which Princess bought)
1988 - Carnival "Fantasy"
1989 - Carnival "Fantasy"
1990 - Norweign Cruises
1993 - Majesty Cruises
1996 - Carnival "Sensation"
1999 - Carnival "Imagination[/font][/i]"

Meyerhaus - my mistake, I meant Robb, always get those two streets wrong. Yes, the watch repair has been gone for several years, he had some major respitory problems and then lingered for sometime. He was well known, we have people stopping from all over town looking for him, some from out of town, come back home to visit and bring there watches! The guy who runs the baseball card shop will be 86 in Sept, works everyday, he's quite an amazing man, lots of stories in his past.

I grew up behind the Acme on State Rd. My son lives in the house now. Before I moved to Uniontown. We lived on 7th St. off Portage Trail By Drug Mart. Big change between the Falls and Uniontown. Where does your Daughter live?

Debe

She lived in a townhouse on Howe RD. but recently she and hubby bought a cute little house on Curtis. We take Portage Trail off of Rt 8 to get to her house! We live an hour and a half south of her. Hubby and I really like the whole area up there. We're thinking of relocating there in a few years when we become grandparents. Son-in-law is from Florida and hates the snow though so he wants to go back to Fl. I wouldn't mind ending up in Florida! :)

Hi Debbie,

Gee, I haven't been on here in a couple of days! A long time, in thread terms. I have a new cruise friend from Springfield OH who will be posting here when she finds the thread.

I will check out the Tampa Group when I have some more time. It seems as if I get back here right before my bedtime. It's now going on 11PM. Hubby wants to make sure I get my beauty sleep so I can get up for work in the morning. Maybe I should start here first!!

I've eaten in the Quaker Oats building restaurant in Akron. When we went to the Buffalo area to see my parents, we got off at the exit for Medina/Akron.I've been at the Red Cross building there. We would usually eat at the restaurant right where we got off the exit off of I-70 (71) before getting back on to go around the Cleveland suburbs.It has changed hands several times-Flying Dutchman once? We've also been in Perkins, and the car gets some gas at that exit.

Gotta go.Bucs training camp is in gear and exhibition games will be starting soon! Lynne

bSchoolmarm

Where in Fl is your son in law from. We have a house in Brandon over by Tampa. I know how he feels about the winters here. I know exactly where you are talking about. I remember when Howe Rd was a dirt road. Where Marc plaza is was a golf course. My son used to sled ride down a hill where Marcs stands now. My family built CF so I have a lot of family history there. My Grandmother told me years ago when we bought the house on 7th St. That where the Drug Mart store stands used to be a farm of one of her frineds and that lady was a teacher at my grade school. The big house on Corner of 4 and Portage is the house my Grandmother grew up in. Now it is a Dr. office. I know the street your daughter lives on. My best friend thru high school lived on that street. Like the saying goes you can move out of Falls but it stay with you for life.

Lynwar

I was watching travel channel other day. Not sure if I am at same exit or not. But the one at Lodi has a big truck stop that is rated #1 in area. I saw other day where they had Rig Show and some of the truckers were there to attempt to make the cover or a calender. I told DH we need to go out there and eat one of these day. I have not been down to Quaker Square in years. Akron has changed so much I hardly recognize it. Since my DH office moved out by us. I have no reason to go into Downtown Akron. When you get a chance check out Tampa CC it is a good group. I plan to meet them for lunch when I get back down if the timing is right. They are always ready to get together. We need to get a Ohio get togegther going. I saw one time Where Michigan CC get together. Well I better get going. I usually get on early in AM got a late start today, DH worked out of house for a few hours and I have to meet a frined in a 1/2 for Breakfeast. Bye

Good old Navy will take you to Pensacola. My DH was there for a short time during his Navy days. My son and daughter-in-law both went to Kent, but they are HS fromb Lake in Hartville/Uniontown.

Hometown is Urbana, now living in Fairborn (very close to AF musuem). 20 years of touring the world with the Army, retired and settled close to Wright Patt. Next cruise, NCL Spirit to Alaska, 31 JUL 04, after that, 9 MAY 05 with Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa.

Matt

You found us. I am goin on Caribbean Princess on 10-2. I was on 9-18 thread and sent a message to Lyn and she said someone from Ohio was on her cruise. I am looking forward to ours. There is a person from Mansifed who is also on our 10-2 cruise. To bad we are not all on the same date. Have a good time. I am ready to leave today. Debe

DH and I were both born and raised in Akron Ohio. Most of our family still lives there and we go home quite often. Proud to call Murfreesboro Tennessee home now.

Coolmama_1,

Been to Murfressboro many times...My in-laws live in Christiana, so of course the closest place is Murfreesboro...Have been to the busiest Wal-Mart in the country several times and I absolutly love Old Time Pottery...We have an Old Time Pottery here in Columbus, but these two stores are on completely seperate ends of the spectrum, we get all the junk left over from the stores in TN.

Archived