What do you wish you'd packed?

Phishface

Wished I had packed:

My old non-digital 210mm SLR camera. The processor for my digital camera was slow enough that it made wildlife photography (eg whalewatching) difficult. Eventually, I did figure out that if I pressed the button when I saw the humpback's fin, then I usually got a decent shot of the flukes in the air (nearly a one second delay). A faster camera would have made things so much easier.

When it comes time to replace this digital camera, speed is going to up there on the priority list.

Try using the sport mode or multi-shot mode on your camera. You'll have to weed a out a lot of pictures but one shot of 10 might come out nicely. I managed to take the photo below with my point and shoot nikon p3, while my nikon n90s film slr didn't manage to capture a full body breech.

The one thing I wish I remembered to bring was post-its. We brought the ziplock bags, extension cord (very handy), a headlamp (inside stateroom with triple bunk and it came in handy for reading), spare bag, hot pot with my own tea, and the only additional thing I wish I'd packed were some post-its. We didn't have much use for everything else. The post-its would have been good for taking shopping notes on, leaving messages for our steward (i.e. please leave bunk down), and for others we were traveling with.

233030333_c2f2b3b5aa_m.jpg.72c4bed6e9f0e1303f7504f15d840fb5.jpg

Dear Travel Peon , thank you for the link. I don't get my shampoo/ conditioner / wash in a salon but rather it is made for me because .. : (

I am so allergic to every thing.. man...so to replace.. yuck $$$$

but your mention of the Hot Pot.. may I ask .. what name ? I love tea. My best friend is a Herbalist and makes the best darn teas eva! and I always feel so very good after an awesome cup of tea! My fav so far is a Blueberry.. since it doesn't have caffeine or such it is considered a Herbal.. and not a "tea" as such. but its great first in the am with a scone or banana nut oatmeal!! ymmmm :)

also a great mint is good after a dive!

I had not thought of bringing my own "hot Pot" but if it is small enough, not tooooo expensive and works great.. I am all for it!:D

We will be in VAncouver for two days, so I packed a seperate bag for that part of the trip. I opted not to bring shorts. I doubt it will be that hor from looking at the Weather channel. If so, it will only be for one whole day and we will suffer with Jeans and long sleeved shirts. I am finishing mypacking tomorrow( Thurs., nothing like last minute:eek: )

My biggest concern is dinner on board. I only brought nice pants and twin sets... and they are light. I know the dining room will be warm enough for me and if I need to run up to my cabin for a jacket, I can.

HAve a great trip. Don't worry about the shorts!;)

We are leaving on Friday and sure I have packed all wrong:)

Who thinks I need shorts for September:eek:

We will be in VAncouver for two days, so I packed a seperate bag for that part of the trip. I opted not to bring shorts.

Please post a review when you get back! I have a September Alaska trip planned for next year and my Dad thinks I'm nuts to go in September. Way too cold he says... Thanks

Just back from ALaska and incase any one is interested---

the boxes of SMOOCHIES are loose---they tell you that they are wrapped, but they are not---

and they also have individually wrapped SMOOCHIES available---

and once I sat down and figured it out--they are actually cheaper than the bulky boxes!!

But, they are yummy--and that is what matters!!

:p

Archived