How far from Seattle to Vancouver??

P.A.

Can someone please tell me how far it is from Seattle airport to the Vancouver port? Mileage and drive time? Was wanting to cruise out of Seattle just because it seems easier since we would be flying into Seattle, but itineraries are better out of Vancouver. Airfare is much cheaper from Okla. if I fly to Seattle than to Vancouver also.

Your thoughts?

Thanks! :)

I'd fly in a day early and enjoy the drive. And, I've seen the border crossing take anywhere from 1/2 hr or so to over 3 hrs.

But then, I'd fly in a day early even if I were flying into Vancouver. To me, it just wouldn't be worth it to risk missing the ship.

jmo

-Monte

A lot of people on this board have chosen to fly in/out of Seattle and cruise in/out of Vancouver. You'll get a lot of great suggestions reading the board. I too would recommend you fly in the day before. You never know about flight cancellations and delays. We had a 1.5 hour wait at the border and the whole time I was able to relax and be glad for my decision to fly out the next day (we did a south bound cruise).

Another thing to consider is that it is not easy to get around in dowontown Vancouver so if you decide to drive yourself, give yourself PLENTY of time.

So many people do it that most ship lines have shuttles between Seattle and Vancouver. You could fly in the day before and still take the ship's transfer.

So many of us Canadians fly our of SEA due to the $$$ savings that there is an Airporter bus that runs from Vancouver to SEA - 5 scheduled trips a day. A great cheap way to get from SEA to Vancouver and the bus drops off at serveral hotels in Vancouver. Cost is around $45.Canadian each way. Travel time is about 3.5 hours to downtown Vancovuer.

check out http://www.quickshuttle.com

I have used this bus service many times myself and it is excellent. A cheap quick way to get to SEA from VAncouver.

Another alternative is to use the Amtrak train but the negative here is you would have to overnight in a Seattle hotel as the north bound train leaves Seattle at something like 6am while the southbound train leaves Vancouver around 5pm.

A car rental is another option and the drive from SEA to VAncouver is very easy - just get on the I-5 northbound and follow your nose to VAncouver.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have done the transfer many times. I most always drive, cars are available via, Alamo, National, Hertz, Avis and Budget. I have used all except Hertz. Allow 4 hours from Seattle. But I most always spend the night prior in Bellingham, 2 hours north of Seattle, and with an early start, can be in Vancouver early for some touring there, since the border lines get longer on cruise days later.

Amtrak is also a great cheap option, very scenic. I take the Skytrain and walk to Canada Place, key is packing light with quality rolling bags. There is also Quick shuttle, too it once, very effecient with nice buses. And as mentioned cruiseline chartered buses.

Archived