Dawn - AE Penthouse layout

southt00

Can anyone help me find an AE Penthouse stateroom layout for the Dawn? I am having trouble deciding what type of cabin we need. Are the rooms separated by a door or curtain? I am so confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Can anyone help me find an AE Penthouse stateroom layout for the Dawn? I am having trouble deciding what type of cabin we need. Are the rooms separated by a door or curtain? I am so confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We recently stayed in an AE Penthouse on the Star and it is my understanding that they're the same on the Dawn except for the wrap-around balcony on the Star.

Take a look at my pictures and maybe it will answer your questions.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alaska...?.dir=/f713scd

We were in the AE on the DAwn back in April but that is not the right layout that Optimus linked you to.

I can send you photos fo the cabin or you can go to cruisestateroom.com

The bed is separated by a curtain.

Let me know if oyu have any other questions

Hi: Thanks for the info. I guess I still have conflicting info. The reason I ask is that we will be bringing our 10 month old who is a restless sleeper. We would like to set up a pack-n-play crib in the 'other' room so that we can get some restful sleep. If she is in the same room as us, we end up listening to her toss and turn all night. Would this cabin type (AE) allow us to get some rest? Thanks!

That layout seems really strange. I've been thinking I'd love to have one of those cabins, but not if it looks like that. You'd be lying in bed, in what looks like a closet, with a lovely view of the bathroom!

Do any of the AE cabins on the dawn have the wraparound decks like the Star?

Thanks!

Click on my wife's webshots link at the bottom of this post and select NCL Dawn May 2005 9236. It has the pics you want. The layout is much different then the diagram on another posters post

There's also pics of an Owner's Suite 10506 (Dec 2005) & an AB 11530 (April 2006).

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I believe the plan shown above by another poster is the AB suite not the AE. The AE..AC..and AD all have the same layout. They only differ in the staterooms location on the ship. They are one room suites with the bed area closed off with a curtain, if needed.

I believe the plan shown above by another poster is the AB suite not the AE. The AE..AC..and AD all have the same layout. They only differ in the staterooms location on the ship. They are one room suites with the bed area closed off with a curtain, if needed.

The above floorplan is not of any cabin I have seen on an NCL ship. This is the AB

1000186354_ABFloorplan.gif.b495bb0d227a20303f9c9255f8b78039.gif

Thanks!

http://photos.yahoo.com/alaskacruiselvr

The 9th album has pictures of an AE on the Star which is the same as the Dawn.

Hi: Thanks for the info. I guess I still have conflicting info. The reason I ask is that we will be bringing our 10 month old who is a restless sleeper. We would like to set up a pack-n-play crib in the 'other' room so that we can get some restful sleep. If she is in the same room as us, we end up listening to her toss and turn all night. Would this cabin type (AE) allow us to get some rest? Thanks!

There isn't a separate "room" in the AE on the Dawn. And, the only way a pack n play will fit in there is if you take out the couch or chairs. So, the answer to your question is no, you won't have a good night sleep because she'll be right next to you. If your budget will allow, go for an AB with the separate bedroom. We loved the AB on the Dawn last year. Our kids had their own space and we had ours. And, the service was fabulous.

Baitman, you were in the same cabin we were in!! We loved the name of the suite, too. Opal is my birthstone. We booked an AB for our next cruise, too. But, this time, we're on the other side. We really wanted to get a good view of the Statue of Liberty as we leave port instead of coming back in.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

HI again South00~

...I just wanted to mention that since your baby is under 2 years old, a crib is required for your cabin....so you don't have to bring the pac n' play with you if you don't want to but there is plenty of closet space : )

The crib is pretty basic so your baby might like the PNP better....

Hi, we are taking our 10 month old on the Jewel next January and we're in the same predicament, hear her moving around all night or she'll wake up to my DH snoring, but I don't think we can afford anything higher than the AF we have booked (maybe the curtain will help a little.....), we have our other 4 kids in an inside across the hall! I am hoping our baby will be so tired she'll sleep like a log!!! Best wishes on your cruise!

Leah

Archived