Drink Cards ??

dodukes

Ok so I know they sell the soda cards, do they usually have al types, like reg, diet, sprite, dew, etc! and can anyone tell me how much they cost for carnival?? My other ? is taht one friend from work said the last time she crised on carnival they sold frozen drink cards so you can get daiquirs and such, i dotn see that info anywhere, is this stil true?? I guess I just want to knwo what type of drink cards are available and the cost, thanks!

Ok so I know they sell the soda cards, do they usually have al types, like reg, diet, sprite, dew, etc! and can anyone tell me how much they cost for carnival?? My other ? is taht one friend from work said the last time she crised on carnival they sold frozen drink cards so you can get daiquirs and such, i dotn see that info anywhere, is this stil true?? I guess I just want to knwo what type of drink cards are available and the cost, thanks![/quote

A soft-drink coupon (4 drink) is 7.75 per....alcohol drink card (4 drink) is 19.95.. they can be purchased directly through the cruise line site--just need rm# and booking number..don't know how it would work if you havn't booked through Carnival..I believe all you would need is the same info. I think.

there is an unlimited soda card.. I want to say it was $35 for a 7 day children's and $56 for a 7 day adult.. it was around that price point at least. We don't drink soda, But I saw them in frequent use aboard our Pride trip to Mexcio in June. at the bars, you get them in regular glasses(poured from a can), but I saw cans being delivered during dinner at the restaurant.

Does that mean that drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) are not included in any price? I really wish Carnival would tell us what is included and what isn't so there aren't any surprises. Does this mean that at dinner, I have to pay for water or pop? Same with room service? Suddenly the words "all inclusive" don't really seem to apply anymore.

Does that mean that drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) are not included in any price? I really wish Carnival would tell us what is included and what isn't so there aren't any surprises. Does this mean that at dinner, I have to pay for water or pop? Same with room service? Suddenly the words "all inclusive" don't really seem to apply anymore.

If you thought a cruise was all inclusive, you are sadly mistaken. When you sit down to eat, water is free so long as it is poured out of the assistant waiter's pitcher. You do receive unlimited coffee and tea around the clock. Juice is free in the morning and iced tea, lemonade and punch is free other times.

They do tell you that... it's not hard to find what is and what isn't included in the cost of your cruise... No alcoholic drinks are included, I've seen that in brochures, websites, etc. I have never been surprised by what is not offered... just read the brochure, the website, talk to your TA, PVP, etc. There are very few "all inclusive" cruises, and I don't think I've ever seen Carnival advertise theirs as a truly all inclusive. Your fare includes most of your meals, your lodging, entertainment, etc. Room service is free. You will have to pay for soft drinks, and bottled water, however, the ships water is very good and it is free.

Ok so I know they sell the soda cards, do they usually have al types, like reg, diet, sprite, dew, etc! and can anyone tell me how much they cost for carnival?? My other ? is taht one friend from work said the last time she crised on carnival they sold frozen drink cards so you can get daiquirs and such, i dotn see that info anywhere, is this stil true?? I guess I just want to knwo what type of drink cards are available and the cost, thanks!

There are no "alcohol or frozen drink" CARDS. You can buy drink coupons ahead of time through the Carnival website... but there is no card (the coupons are 4 to a sheet) The drink card available is the soda card, different prices for kids and adults. If you drink ALOT of soda, they might be worth it... also as mentioned you can buy the soda coupons from the Carnival site (again, 4 to a sheet) The prices mentioned above for the card look about right.

This is from a regular (and very knowledgeable) poster on the boards:

Included in the cost of your cruise:

Lido buffet area - Iced tea, hot water & tea bags, coffee, decaf, water, hot chocolate, juice varieties, lemonade, fruitpunch. On buffet, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk.

Dining room - Iced tea, hot tea, water, coffee, decaf, milk, chocolate milk, juices, espresso and cappuccino.

Room service - MOST of the beverages that are available on Lido, but not lemonade or fruitpunch.

Where and when would youpurchase the soda card (unlimited soda) and how closely do they watch that you are not sharing? Can you go to a bar with 2 soda cards and get 2 at a time?

The card is per person. Yes, if you have 2 soda cards, you can get 2 sodas. They are served in small cups, not cans or bottles with the card.

The drink cards for adults are $5.50 per day plus 15% tip. That works out to around $44 for a 7 day cruise (a child's card is $4 + tip per day). If you drink between 3 and 4 sodas per day, it's a good deal, plus you don't have to sign for drinks everywhere you go. The sodas on board are coke products. The card also covers juices from the bar, but DOES NOT cover room service. It does cover bar service in the lounges and restaurants.

As posted above, there are plenty of free drinks available and the water is very good.

Have a great cruise!

bill

ok i just found the coupons you can purchase, now my question is do you use just that??, so lets say i buy a coupl eof those for me for soda since i dotn think il make the $40 worth it for the card, when i want one i just hand it in??? or how about the alc beverages one, are they good on all beverages mainly concerend with the frozen stuff or just some, and same thing do i just carry those around and hand them in when i want one???

DH got me a "Happy Honeymoon" gift box and it had 4 drink coupons for any alcoholic drink priced at $4.95 or less. This generally worked for any of the frozen type drinks. Some of the wines are more expensive.

I kept my coupons in my little plastic pouch on lanyard where I kept my S&S card....that way I wouldn't lose them. When I got a drink at the bar, or at dinner, I just handed over one of my paper coupons. Sometimes they asked for my S&S # and cabin #...sometimes not.

Hope that helps ;o)

This is from a regular (and very knowledgeable) poster on the boards:

Hot Chocolate is also available in the dining room (it's very good) and room service. The non-cofee drinkers and our kid had a hot coco almost every night after dinner because it was so cold in the Conquest dinning room.

We ordered Hot Chocolate 2 times through room service and they bring hot water and packets. The second time we got it they must have just dumped out a pot of coffee and filled it up with hot water because when I poured the water into the cups it was browish and smelled like coffee....Nice!:mad:

We purchased the drink card for our kids and it was a good deal and well worth it for the amount of pop they got during the week. The cards states you can only get one drink at a time but several times I ordered 2 drinks for my boys and took up their cards and it was never an issue. The couple we traveled with occassionally "shared" drinks with their son's drink card. Dont' know that Carnival would appreciate that though.;)

I havent been on carnival in a few years now so i was just wondering if you can still go to the buffet at off hours to get hot chocolate and the juice machine (if they still have them in the buffet)

Hot Chocolate - yes -- one of my favorite stops!! The juice is often cleaned out after breakfast, but on the Victory there often was juice at other times of day. Of course, iced tea, coffee, tea, lemonade, and punch were available as well.

a soda card is not good for room service.

room service is free but pleasae do tip the delivery person a buck when e delivers.

For some people-- like myself a cruise can be an all incllusive.

since i do a lot of prepaying ahead of time before we go- with buying funship dollars to prepay my tips. i prepay my excursions. buy soda coupons. photo coupons and drink coupons.

We take an insulated mug and mix the iced tea with lemonade coz the tea is the unsweetned kind

Archived