Anchorage Fairfield Inn

GMoney

I stayed there upon arrival on July 27th. It is a nice hotel, but if you are without a car there is only one restaurant within walking distance. Other than that I was very pleased with the hotel. Room was clean and very comfortable, great breakfast, free wireless (downstairs) and free shuttle from the airport. We walked over to the Lone Star Steak House for dinner.

My DH and I stayed @ the Fairfield Inn in June of this year. I mentioned this on a post a few months back and some people did not believe me. The curtains in our room were fake! On each side of the window was a decorative curtain that DID NOT close. Behind the fake curtains were sheers. I took a hair clip and tried to pull the decorative curtains as close together as possible. Considering that it did not get dark 'till wee hours of the morn, we had light pouring in that we did not want.

You may want to check w/the hotel on this info.

My DH and I stayed @ the Fairfield Inn in June of this year. I mentioned this on a post a few months back and some people did not believe me. The curtains in our room were fake! On each side of the window was a decorative curtain that DID NOT close. Behind the fake curtains were sheers. I took a hair clip and tried to pull the decorative curtains as close together as possible. Considering that it did not get dark 'till wee hours of the morn, we had light pouring in that we did not want.

You may want to check w/the hotel on this info.

I posted that I have stayed in hotel rooms like that, and I think you just missed seeing the room darkening blinds that were behind the side curtains. Did you call the front desk to ask about that? Since Anchorage can have daylight for 20+ hours in the summer, it is highly unlikely that the Fairfield Inn does not have some sort of room-darkening shade or curtain.

Good for you GMoney. I'm not trying to run down the Fairfield. It was a fairly nice hotel. I see the previous poster doesn't believe me, AGAIN!

I don't believe that the Fairfield was without room-darkening shades of some sort. I DO believe that you didn't see them! Did you call the front desk to ask about them? Maybe your room was without, but if so, it had to have been a fluke.

GMoney,

We stayed in the Fairfield on the trip we talked about in my other post. I stay almost exclusively in Marriott properties for work, and this is a nice Fairfield. It is off by itself, so you need a car or a shuttle to get around, but clean, very helpful front desk, and a nice breakfast included. I am sure the SpringHill is just as nice, and probably operated by the same people.

Mike

Archived