When is a good time to book a summer 07 Jewel Med cruise?

ImpulsivePuppy

Heya folks, I hope that as the summer is winding down you are finding lots of time to be doing all of your favorite things.

Here is my question, I am thinking about booking a Jewel Med cruise taking place perhaps in June or July. Earlier this past spring I saw some extraordinary deals for this cruise this summer, like around $600pp. After checking today the prices for next summer are around $1090 pp at the cheapest. So, when do you suppose those price would drop? Or do you think they even will drop at all? Also, I will be taking my first NCL cruise on the Sun in about a month. Is there any advantage (price or otherwise) to booking my next cruise while aboard? Thanks alot everyone!!!:o

Book the cruise once you decide when. While prices for fares are high now, they could drop, and all you have to do is rebook your cruise. It's hard to predict the future when it comes to fares. Prices could go up or down, depending on how quickly the cabins for each cruise sells.

Book now and guarantee a price. Rebook later if the prices fall is a great strategy. Don't forget there's a penalty to cancel a cruise after the Final Payment Date, which is 75 days prior to your cruise, or 90 days prior to your cruise on a holiday. Also check with your travel agent what their policy on cancellation is.

Read some of the reviews that have been posted. Links to some are on my link below. You did not mention if children are involved. If not, why not go in the "off months" when there are less children and lower prices?

Good luck.

Book now and guarantee a price. Rebook later if the prices fall is a great strategy. .

That's the way I've done it in the past (and probably will in the future), but it seems that some (a lot?) of the discounted fares this past year have been for "new booking only". This stipulation is something I had previously seen on the sales after final payment, but they seem to be bringing it in more & more on fares outside of the final payment date.

Hope this doesn't become a trend or timing is gonna become really important.

jmo

-Monte

Earlier this past spring I saw some extraordinary deals for this cruise this summer, like around $600pp. After checking today the prices for next summer are around $1090 pp at the cheapest. So, when do you suppose those price would drop? Or do you think they even will drop at all? Also, I will be taking my first NCL cruise on the Sun in about a month. Is there any advantage (price or otherwise) to booking my next cruise while aboard? Thanks alot everyone!!!:o

I'm a clueless first time cruiser, so take this with a grain of salt.

My wife and I are looking at a September 2007 Mediterranean cruise (Egypt and Greek Isle itinerary) on the Jewel. I can't tell you when the cheapest time to book a cruise is, but I can tell you that I've been comparing the prices for this year's sailings (September 2006) versus the current prices for next year's sailings for about a month now. Although it has varied, the prices for next year have been anywhere from a couple hundred to upwards of $700-$800 cheaper than the prices for this year's comparable sailing. Additionally, there appeared to be a very limited number of cabins available at the time I started looking.

My conclusion has been that if the itinerary you are considering is a popular one, don't count on the prices going down. It's supply and demand. If the ship is filling up, they certainly aren't going to decrease prices.

And with the price of oil going up...who knows.

hey garycarla, children not involved in this one, but this is when it would make the most sense due to our schedules. I'll take a look at the reviews, is there anything in particular I should know or be warned about this cruise? Thanks!

As you read some of the reviews you will find that summer heat has been a little bit of an issue on some tours. You may have a schedule thing, but personally I would never go in the summer because of the heat, crowds, pricing, and children. (we love kids, but....)

I recently noticed the Oct 9th Instanbul to Barcelona for THIS year is still open with some good pricing.

Archived