another CP review 6/26 - part 1

S.S.Oceanlover

Once i get to get introduced and know people I'm fine. It's the initial ice breaking that's bad for me. My crutch (wife) didn't go with me to the get together on the ship, so I just limped back to my cabin with my tail between my legs. If only I could afford a therapist!

I've missed out on a lot of things in life because of the way I am, but I have gotten a lot better than I used to be. (scary huh)

Well I actually went by myself which is a step in the right direction. Maybe next time I'll be able to open my mouth and words will come out. Now that would be a breakthrough. :)

Bill

Awwww Bill - I can definitely sympathize because I am a lot like that myself. Isn't it weird to feel all alone in a room full of people? :( But, like you, once I get to know people a little bit then I am a whole different person (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing). :eek: :D I am always envious of my friends that have the "gift of gab" and can strike up a conversation with anyone at anytime.

Debbie!!! You too!!!??? No way!!!!! You two are nuts!!! Geez - who are you people and what have you done with Bill and Debbie??? LOL!!! So Bill - would you come to one of our get togethers if your crutch couldn't make it??

Terri,

I am sure there are more people out there like Debbie and myself. They're just too shy to say so.

I would come to the get togethers now without the Mrs. but I wouldn't have come the first time. Hey I might have driven to the place, parked and drove away without going in. That damn S.A.D. (social anxiety disorder) I think it's great they can find names for almost anything wrong with you. :D

Bill

I didn't even know there was a name for it - I thought it was just plain shy. But SAD does seem to be an appropriate name. I've had a couple of people tell me that they thought I was "stuck up" when they first met me, but later realized that I was just shy, and took a little time to warm up to people.

Oh well, all this shy talk seems to be taking over Bill's review. Now back to the cruise talk! :D

Maybe we should create a "Shy Cruiser Support Group". We could all talk about our shyness online, then set up a meeting where half the people don't show up, and the ones that do don't even talk to each other. :p :D

I still think you two are goofy because neither one of you were shy at all at our first get together way back when which I am happy about that because I am glad that you guys talked!!! LOL!!!!!!! Anway - back to cruise talk:

Bill - I wanna go on this cruise now!!!

Thanks for all the info. Fantastic review. My DH keeps talking about taking my grandson on a cruise - he is 13. I told him, no way, he, too, needs to be doing something all the time, or he is borrrrred. We had him and two of his friends in Maine over the 4th, it was like having 13 year old triplets. They were either having a great time and keeping us in stiches, or sitting on the couch saying, what can we do?:eek: You are right tho, a couple of more years will make a big difference :)

You really want to make me try the CP next year.:)

Too funny Bill......but you could speak up when you saw me in the elevator! Oh yeah, the boss was along. I had you scoped out the whole time. Thanks for sharing your awesome photos. We were on Sapphire that day too, but later....about 2 or so, and there were lots more people there. Glad you had a good cruise!

Judy,

I also do much better in one on one situations. It's easier because when I embarass myself there's only one person. If I embarassed myself in a group I'd be like a scared turtle and put my head back in my shell.

Scoped me out huh? I was hoping somebody would ask me something to break the ice. Someday I'll have a breakthrough, hopefully before I'm too old to go on anymore cruises.

Bill

Archived