Vancouver Hotel

septrack

Am doing the Dawn Sep 23 SEA to Vanc and the Coral a day later Vanc-Lax. (2 more easy Princess credits ) . Anyone doing the same trips have any hotel research they would care to share for the 1 night in Vanc. Better bidding on priceline didn't offer alot of help. Can anyone verify that it is the Vancouver downtown priceline area. TIA

Mark

Although more expensive than most we prefer the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront.

The Pan is so convienent being that you take an elevator from your room down to the ship at Canada Place. :)

The FW is right across the street from the Pan Pacific.

I agree. The Pan Pacific is a beautiful hotel and close to lots of places to walk to as well as the ship being right there. Their website shows a lot of detail about the hotel as well. We will stay at Pan Pacific the next time we go back to Vancouver.

The Pan is so convienent being that you take an elevator from your room down to the ship at Canada Place. :)

We stayed there last year (book through the line) and it was the coolest.

Not only was the view great, but a 9am the picked up our bags from the room and we didn't have to touch them again until they were in our cabin.

We just got on the elevator, went down stairs and got on the ship.

And we pre-registered the afternoon before in the loby, so all we had to do was pick up our key becore we cleared security.

And it was not much more to book it through HAL the you could grab it otherwise and the perks were great.

Hi, we stayed at the Westin Bayshore and Resort this past June/July for our Alaska cruise. We did get the hotel through Priceline for a very good price. I felt that the hotel was beautiful and close to the things that we wanted to do precruise (ie Stanley Park:) ). If you look on the precruise hotels board, and also the Canada port boards, you will find a ton of information. The Pan Pacific Hotel was very convenient (have not stayed there) but truthfully, if you can get something for a better price, the taxi ride there is not bad at all. A word of warning though, our taxi driver told us that it was the safest to stay in the downtown area. There are lots od options to choose from and you will find Canada Place very easy to embark from, we really enjoyed that aspect! Have a great cruise.

Linda

We stayed in the Sheraton Wall Center, just up Barrard Street from the port. It would be a taxi ride, but not far. The Sheraton is a large convention-type hotel. Extremely nice. Not the cheapest in town by any means, but it was close to shopping and restaurants.

Hi Septrack, we are doing the same two cruises as you. We have Roll Calls going for both cruises. I put a lot of information on yesterday's Coral Princess Roll Call (9/25/06) about getting a hotel on Sept. 24th through Hotwire. We were able to get the Westin Bayshore for a great price but I didn't see the amenities, etc. for it yesterday. But I'm pretty sure they were offering the Hyatt Regency (excellent hotel) for $123 (4 star) & the Pan Pacific (5 star for $193 a night). If you decide to try via Hotwire, select Vancouver downtown WEST. The amenities for what I believe are the Hyatt are:

Best Value banner, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet & of course 4 *

The Pan Pacific is 5*, fitness, pool, restaurant, business ctr., internet, spa.

I used www.betterbidding.com for help. www.hotwire.com If you have an Entertainment book you can use their website to bid & you get another $10 off ($50 off for packages, ie. car & hotel) www.hotwire.com/discount.jsp

Or you can try Priceline & any of the 4 star hotels downtown will probably be winners. We received the Sheraton Wall Ctr. last year via Priceline & our friend got the Marriott Pinnacle.

Good luck!

Hi Septrack, we are doing the same two cruises as you. We have websites for both. I put a lot of information on yesterday's Coral Princess website (9/25/06) about getting a hotel on Sept. 24th through Hotwire. We were able to get the Westin Bayshore for a great price but I didn't see the amenities, etc. for it yesterday. But I'm pretty sure they were offering the Hyatt Regency (excellent hotel) for $123 (4 star) & the Pan Pacific (5 star for $193 a night). If you decide to try via Hotwire, select Vancouver downtown WEST. The amenities for what I believe are the Hyatt are:

Best Value banner, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet & of course 4 *

The Pan Pacific is 5*, fitness, pool, restaurant, business ctr., internet, spa.

I used www.betterbidding.com for help. www.hotwire.com

Or you can try Priceline & any of the 4 star hotels downtown will probably be winners. We received the Sheraton Wall Ctr. last year via Priceline & our friend got the Marriott Pinnacle.

Good luck!

I will see you in Nov. but i work in vancouver and commute for the last 11 years from L.A.

i dont like the pan pacific and do not understand why everyone thinks being at the cruise terminal is at all important. i like the bayshore and stayed for 3 years at the westin grand. i have been at the pacific palisades for the past 4 or 5 years and love it.

have stayed at the sheraton and the sutton place as well. cruise terminal is 8-12 dollars cab ride canadian from any downtown hotel 11-15 if you are departing from ballantyne pier.

corkpopr, small world! We're looking forward to meeting you on the Golden Princess in November,too. Thanks for the information about the cab ride from the Westin Bayshore to the Cruise Terminal. Where do you suggest we go to eat close to the Westin? (moderate price). Even though, it's a little walk we definitely want to eat at the Fairmont's Griffin's for dinner. But there's still breakfast & lunch..........

septrack, You're exactly correct. It's much easier, faster (traffic wise) & more convenient to fly from LGB rather than LAX to Seattle. It's a small airport & less passengers. You'll go through security much faster, too. That's why we're booked on Alaska Air flying from Long Beach Airport to Sea-Tac next month. LAX is crowded & a zoo, especially after the added TSA security requirements. It's worth even a few more $$ to fly LGB rather than LAX.

Lots of choices on Robson st. take a cab from the bayshore 4-5 dollars. Robson st. is about 8 blocks up and back on both sides. over 25 choices.

i eat a cheap breakfast at either the White Tower (pizza/greek lunch & dinner) or at the Blue Horizon hotel. For an inexpensive lunch try Earls or Milestones. There are many other choices also but they are a little more expensive. You might try the Keg for great steaks, etc. The keg is like a very nice Black Angus.

I live here in Vancouver. I do hope you enjoy my city.

We have so many choices of foods. A local BC favorite restaurant is our White Spot. Its a medium priced restaurant and they are famous for their burgers. They have great breakfasts (eggs benny are great here) and all the typical breakfast/lunch foods.

We have Shark Club (trendy), Milestones, Joey Tomatoes and alot of very classy restaurants to choose from. We have a Starbucks on almost every corner or a Tim Hortons (coffee/donuts/muffins)...

So the choices are yours for your flare. Enjoy!!

Archived