Suitcase storage on Zuiderdam?

Capt. & Teach

We sailing on the Zuiderdam, and we are wondering if the ship provides any storage space for suitcases other than the cabin. We are taking the repositioning cruise out of Vancouver on the 30 of September and will be on the ship for 21 days and therfore bringing more luggage than usual. Hope to find the answer on this site.

How many pieces are you planning to take? We take 2 30" and a carry on, but that is only for 7 days. And it all fits under the bed no problem. If yours are not all the same size they should fit one inside the other and just slide right out of sight.

As for a separate storage I am going out on a limb here and saying probably not. Space is at a premium and I don't know that they would want to be responsible for storing and retrieving it.

Have a great cruise.

Bev

If they are too high to fit under the bed closed they may fit open; sometimes they're hard to slide under when the bed is made up as a double.

I have had the steward store my luggage on S- and R-class ships---never asked on a Vista.

I'm expecting our two very large cruise suitcases to fit under the bed as well. This has been the case on all of our past cruises. Recently we had to make an airline trip back home for a funeral. Being only for a few days, we packed everything in one of our big cruise suitcases. The airline agent suggested in the future we use two smaller suitcases to avoid having one passenger being charged for the overweight single suitcase. So it might be better to use multiple, smaller suitcases if flying. They might also fit better under the bed.

Archived