Port of Miami

Sheils65

Does anyone know if the Port of Miami is the only place to park vehicles when going on a cruise? Was just wondering what the cost is to park at the Port of Miami? Any info is appreciated........

This is directly from the port of Miami website.

http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/directions.asp

Also in Miami if you have a handicap detachable tag your parking is free. You just have to fill out the paperwork upon arrival. HTH

Parking:

• Facilities are available at all terminals for the parking of vehicles for passengers boarding ships and for Port visitors at rates designated by the Seaport Director.

• Parking for cruise passengers is $12 per day. Parking for visitors is $5 per day. Cash or credit cards are accepted (Visa or Master Card only).

• Parking for oversized vehicles is approximately $24 per day.

(depending on overall dimensions)

• All established parking rates will be posted at each facility and applied to the day a vehicle enters the parking lot and to each succeeding day it remains on the lot.

• Credit card payments are only accepted at Parking Garage # 5 and Parking Garage # 6.

• **Only Visa and Master Card are accepted.

No, the port parking is not the only parking available for the week. I was looking for alternate cheaper parking and my cousin who lives in the area gave me this name and number and I called and booked and pre-paid ours for next week.

The info is http://www.unitedairportparking.com I paid a total of $53.07 for the week will be on the Elation and includes a shuttle to the port of Miami after you drop off your car. They even have car washing services and small mechanical services available for an extra cost.

I have not used them yet but I will write a review on them when I get back. Even thinking about having tham wash my SUV before we return.

Is the cost savings really worth it? With your car parked at the port its safe and secure in a very, very secure facility. Police patrol the port 24/7. If you have no business being in the port your not getting in. There have been reports in the news of vehicles parked in economical private lots outside of the port area that have had parts removed, tires swapped and the owners are not aware of it until weeks or months later. If a hurricane were to hit the area while you're out to sea, your car will be safe in the parking garages. Better yet, it will be there for you when you return. This was not the case in New Orleans last year. Peace of mind...priceless.

Thanks all for the great info..........and yes I am one of those so called, "need to save a few bucks" people. I am taking my two teenagers and one of their friends on this cruise and being a single mom......we need to cut corners where we can, lol. We are driving from massachusetts so......vehicle being safe is also an issue, just wanted to know what my options are......thanks again

Is the cost savings really worth it? With your car parked at the port its safe and secure in a very, very secure facility. Police patrol the port 24/7. If you have no business being in the port your not getting in. There have been reports in the news of vehicles parked in economical private lots outside of the port area that have had parts removed, tires swapped and the owners are not aware of it until weeks or months later. If a hurricane were to hit the area while you're out to sea, your car will be safe in the parking garages. Better yet, it will be there for you when you return. This was not the case in New Orleans last year. Peace of mind...priceless.

To me it isn't worth it. I don't think people from outside the area have an understanding of the high crime rate in downtown Miami after dark.

I would never park elsewhere to save $50.

To me it isn't worth it. I don't think people from outside the area have an understanding of the high crime rate in downtown Miami after dark.

I would never park elsewhere to save $50.

So where would you park if not at the Port?

We are looking for a month and at $12. pd that adds up considerably.

Read some of the earlier post, we listed several sites there. Also, all if not most of this other sites have gated lots where you leave your cars, most are very secure. Don't let other posts scare you from saving money. We all have done it before, there is nothing wrong with saving money.

Have a great cruise.

I would tend to think that most provide safe parking. There are phone numbers on those web sites that LHT28 posted so you may want to call and ask questions. I know I will definetly call. $53.07 sounds like a good rate to me for a week!!!

There have been reports in the news of vehicles parked in economical private lots outside of the port area that have had parts removed, tires swapped and the owners are not aware of it until weeks or months later. .

I be interested in know what lots they were parked in?

I be interested in know what lots they were parked in?

Lyn, You can follow the activity with this link. You can also search this link for past incidents/locations. The sad part is that the vehicle owners don't realize anythings amiss until months later when they take their car to the garage to be serviced and the mechanic tells them that the parts have been switched. Pay less now,,,,pay more later. ;) (It's not just MIA, the scams been run in FLL as well)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/states/florida/counties/miami-dade/cities_neighborhoods/beaches/15414401.htm

I understand about the crime in Miami BUT am I wrong in saying it doesn't seem like any one of these (article from Bequia) were out of any large parking lots that are gated.....these are just random thefts from cars on side of road or parking lots of shopping malls, etc. I did get a quote from unitedairportparking.com for parking at port of miami for 47.00 for a week, which is a darn good rate as far as I am concerned. Auto thefts and break-ins are inevidable no matter where you go....I wouldn't park on the side of the road but doesn't have to be Port of Miami to be safe, other options are available.

I leave my car there on Sunday morning and then they will shuttle us to Port of Miami where we board the Elation!

Have fun on your cruise and rest assured that your car will be there when you return and you got a great rate at that!

We leave in 3 days for Miami and we can't wait!

cruizin,

Thank you for all your info and YOU and yours have a great cruise!!!!! Let me know when you get back how much fun you had..............happy cruisin'

You bet! Talk more when I get back and I will tell you how my car was still there when I got back!

Archived