You know you are working with the wrong TA when...

nator555

Goincrusin -In April we booked a IS then in June we noticed the price went down so I called the TA who told us we could go to a OV 5A for $20 pp more. We agreed. Last night I realized the price for the OV 5A (same exact room) went down $21 pp so I called her today only to be lied to. I don't even know if we were really upgraded since a 5A means we could be anywhere on the ship. Frustrating huh? I swear she is tricking me and taking advantage of a new cruiser. Never again thats for sure. I think I might have to say something when I pick up my docs on Monday especially if my 6B room is printed on them. The worse part is she is with a reputable travel agency - too bad I am never going back there.

Like another poster mentioned, why don't you wait until you get you docs first before you judge her.:) Just a thought.

Goincrusin -In April we booked a IS then in June we noticed the price went down so I called the TA who told us we could go to a OV 5A for $20 pp more. We agreed. Last night I realized the price for the OV 5A (same exact room) went down $21 pp so I called her today only to be lied to. I don't even know if we were really upgraded since a 5A means we could be anywhere on the ship. Frustrating huh? I swear she is tricking me and taking advantage of a new cruiser. Never again thats for sure. I think I might have to say something when I pick up my docs on Monday especially if my 6B room is printed on them. The worse part is she is with a reputable travel agency - too bad I am never going back there.

If Carnival upgraded you from a 5A to a 6B, they wouldn't give you a credit unless the price you paid is more than the price of the 6B... regardless of when the upgrade happened. Did she tell you she JUST called and upgraded you? It sounds like she said "we couldn't get an adjustment, but they did upgrade you (she could have known this by looking at your docs)"... would you rather get the $42 and go back to a 5A???

GoinCrusin - Maybe you are right. I recall her specifically saying "I just called Carnival and they upgraded you." She implied she arranged for the upgrade instead of a refund for me. Maybe she meant to say Carnival wasn't willing to give you a refund but I did notice they upgraded you. But I suppose it could be taken either way. At this point this is petty and I am not going to worry about it. I didn't pay more for the 5A than the 6B so I guess it is a upgrade afterall. I don't mind either way a 5A or a 6B - the 6B will work. So I think I will consider this a learning experience and go through Carnival directly next time. I do feel better about this - thanks for taking the time to go through it with me.

So I think I will consider this a learning experience and go through Carnival directly next time.

If it were me, I would tell the TA this. Maybe not totally with the intention of "getting something out of it", but at least so the TA knows that you have negative feelings about this and won't be using her again.

So I think I will consider this a learning experience and go through Carnival directly next time. I do feel better about this - thanks for taking the time to go through it with me.
Probably the best thing to do.

Put the whole thing behind you and start planning for the cruise. Clothes/excursions/etc.

I might talk to the owner/manager of the office to let them know why I wouldn't be back. Telling the TA will IMHO make no difference to her.

She has already justified in her own mind that you (and probably many other customers who have never returned) are too difficult to work with. She would rather deal with the ones who just pay up and keep on booking.

Charlie

Archived