Joyce Prince

battybtags

I have not been to St Maarten yet, my first visit is coming up in Nov. I can give you a little info though. I have not taken her tour... she was already booked when I contacted her, which was 9 months in advace. So email her ASAP, she books up fast. Prices vary, you would have to contact her directy to get a quote (seems she doesnt like others to post prices either). I think it must depend on the details of your individual tour. Those who have gone on her tour have great things to say about her, so give it a whirl. Good luck!

We're on the Serenade of the Seas and arriving in St Maarten on 12 February. We've booked Joyce Prince for a 3 hour tour. It costs $35 per person which we think is pretty good.

We booked it 3 weeks ago and she's already got a lot of bookings for that month. We had to confirm pretty quick as another family was interested for that date too - it was a case of first come, first served!

She sounds a lovely person and sent us lots of info about the tour. She said we can customise it to whatever we want but as we're new to the island we're happy to leave it to her.

I hope it's not the 12 February you want too, as you're now out of luck!

I was just looking at her website and was impressed with everything she is involved in - property management, baby-sitting, cell phone rental, hair braiding, restaurant reservations, car rentals, off season storage, activity reservations (snorkeling trips, dive trips, deep sea fishing, horseback riding, sailling & cruising, visits to nearby islands), tours, etc, etc. On another travel site I read where island visitors booked her to come to a villa and prepare meals! She is one busy lady!

We booked Joyce for our first Caribbean cruise in Dec. 2004 and were greatly impressed - not only with the tour (which she assisted us in pulling together) but by everything she is involved in. She is one busy, creative person.

We're hoping to book her again for this December's cruise - however, it's getting late and I'm afraid she's already booked - just sent her an e-mail - so we shall see.

I have been trying Joyce's website for a couple of days now and there

is some sort of problem. I get the pink background and the different

options on the side, but for some reason they can't be accessed.

Has anyone else had trouble? We won't be going to St. Martin until

April, but, I would like to see if she's got room for us!

We just got back and had a tour with Joyce on 9/12/06. She is a true delight to be with and will do everything she can to set the tour up for exactly what you want to do. She was supposed to have us and another couple, but they cancelled and we had her all to ourselves. She picked us up right on time and then set off to show us as much of the island as possible. My DH loves taking pictures so she took us to the most beautiful spots to get some great photos, some local shopping and then dropped us off in town to shop the rest of the day away. Rate was $35 per person which is about the same as a ship bus tour where you won't see half as much. We have been to St. Martin many times before but this was hands down the best way to see it. She is one very busy lady, but never made us feel rushed and gave us her full attention.

The e-mail address I have is joyol1771@yahoo.com. I have the impression that she checks it early AM before she is off and running.

LDR,

I have tried to access the site for a couple weeks and have the same problem you do. I am really looking for a 'private' tour, not a taxi tour with up to 12 other people. Guess I'll have to think of something else as our trip is coming up real soon.

We did a 3 hour tour which ended up closer to four hours. Joyce will take you to the beach of your choice and come back for you at a set time. Both of us burn just looking at the sun so we skipped the beach and opted to see more of the island which included the beaches. There are a lot of nice beaches we hadn't heard about before that I wouldn't mind going back to with shady areas that were a little off the usual path.

I would try contacting Joyce via e-mail instead of the web site and see how booked she is.

LDR,

I have tried to access the site for a couple weeks and have the same problem you do. I am really looking for a 'private' tour, not a taxi tour with up to 12 other people. Guess I'll have to think of something else as our trip is coming up real soon.

Try this link for Joyce: http://www.joyceprince.com/tours.htm

I'm happy to say that I tried emailing Joyce the other day, and we are

now booked with her in April! I couldn't believe she was available

since I heard she books up fast.

gtaylor-your linked worked-thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from St Maarten and touring with Joyce. She was an absolute joy to be with. She is extremely knowledgeable about her country. She is flexible, creative, open minded, and just an over all kind person with the sweetest personality. I would highly recommend her for anykind of tour you would like, she does it all and trust me she is very effecient, she really makes sure she crosses her t's and dots her i's. Even though we gave her a tip, I feel like we were still under charged. For what she gave us, she certainly could have charged much more. She took us to a jeweler, Vishi is his name and I'm sure she has his exact name and address, he had some of the nicest gold jewelry and the prices were so fair, I couldn't resist purchasing a nice pice of jewelry. Well, that's my take on Joyce.

Just finished a 3 hour tour (lasted closer to 4 hours) with Joyce.

Just my DW and I on a personal tour. Saw everything and more...

She is one nice lady - very accomodating and pleasant.

35.00 pp - hard to beat... paid extra for the great service.

Highly recommend her service for tour - car rental - and anything you need assistance with on the Island.

Check out her web site - www.joyceprince.com

Call her or Email her ... schedule early as she books up in advance.

n

I am in the process of finalizing a cruise in September 2007, and just emailed Joyce. I did go on the Imagination earlier this year and booked all shore excursions based on the advice of other CC members. It was a GREAT experience, and now would not do it any other way. :p

I have a question........ I will definately be interested in buying jewelry in St. Martin. I understand that it is better than St Thomas. Do you agree ? Also, did anyone look in other jewelry stores other than where Joyce brought you to compare prices ?

Thanks so much!:)

After hearing all of the wonderful things about Joyce, I booked her for September 20, 2007 last week. There are four of us going and we are looking forward to this tour. I think we will also have her drop us off at a beach and pick us up.:)

Archived