How Many Have Booked River Cruise for 2007 and where?

cruisingmimi

"Budapest is a perfect city for walking, and everything is close to the hotel. Try a meal at Duno Corso, just down the Danube Prominade about two blocks. Also try Fatal."

"You may stay at the Hilton in Bucharest. This is supposed to be the best hotel in the city. It was very nice. And again, you can't be more in the center than this. Lots of good places to eat aroud. La Mama is very close."

"Now I can do anything I want any day I want, sort of like those mental health days I used to take."

Dennis -

Thanks for the dining recommendations. My wife is one of those people who gives road directions based upon restaurant locations...you know,...go three blocks passed The Olive Garden, take the second right passed Antonella's Trattatoria, and it's the third store after The Big Tree Inn. I can almost guarantee we will be following up on your suggestions.

I completely understand "those mental health days" you mentioned. The best part of being retired is not having to live by the clock any more. We have all day and tomorrow to do those nitpicky chores...and if they don't get done by tomorrow, eh..., then we always have the day after that. Better to use our time on more critical issues like planning the next cruise.

Happy travels,

Dave of ...

We are on this cruise Oct 1 2007 so anyone who is going before us on this trip ( KarlS ?) Please advise- if there is anything that would be helpful to us- we are experienced world travelers. thanks - J and R

We'll be heading the opposite direction, from Vienna to Amsterdam, but I'm sure I'll again do a brief post of our observations. :)

We are on GCT in May. Paris to Nice on The Chardonay with a pre to Normandy. 1st time with GCT. Have done teh crossing on teh Queen Mary and teh Danube on the Peter D. line. Both wonderful trips due to the information we got from these boards. Anyone done our next trip before and if so what should we look for. Also anybody on the board going on the trip?

The Golds.

We are taking our 3rd cruise with GCT (in Sept)The ones we have taken before have been great. The cabins are small but then you're only there when you sleep! Food has been great and the staff has always been very knowledgable about the ports.

MyGalSal, we are on the GCT 1st time in May Paris to Nice, have U done that Cruise and if so what should we look for?

The Golds:)

We are booked on the Mozart for a August 5 Danube River cruise. Am interested in how to get to the Mozart from Munich, without paying $180 r/t with Deilman. This is our first River cruise and we are counting the days!!

Grgiegirl, we did that trip three years ago...GREAT!!!.

We set up our own air from the U.S. to Cologne and then took the train to Munich. Also did gteh hotel on our own in Munich. Then made arrangements with the line to pick us up at the hotel.

The Golds

Thanks, Steamboat. Do you have links to private drivers? There are three of us and maybe we can share a limo or private driver to and from the river cruise with others.

Grgiegirl, while in Munich we had a driver that was wonderful, Toni Biersack. Google the name and you'll get all the information you'll need.

We are on GCT in May. Paris to Nice on The Chardonay with a pre to Normandy. 1st time with GCT. Have done teh crossing on teh Queen Mary and teh Danube on the Peter D. line. Both wonderful trips due to the information we got from these boards. Anyone done our next trip before and if so what should we look for. Also anybody on the board going on the trip?

We did a Normandy to Paris/Paris to Marsailles river cruise with Uniworld about 5 years ago. Best part was going to the beaches at Normandy - if you are interested in the history of WW2. Paris of course, was exciting but didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked. Not enough time to see the museum fully for us. We like GTC much more than Uniworld personally.

Anyone on this cruise? Any insight on the weather at this time of the year on the Danube. We are usually in the Caribbean this time of year. Booked through Gate 1 for the Danube trip. All comments appreciated.

p.s. Will the wife freeze?

Anyone on this cruise? Any insight on the weather at this time of the year on the Danube. We are usually in the Caribbean this time of year. Booked through Gate 1 for the Danube trip. All comments appreciated.

p.s. Will the wife freeze?

Check out the Bolero subject line ... it's just a few down from this topic

We are booked for Oct 10 with Vantage on the Castles along the Rhine/Danube. We will be on the Odyssey. Has anyone taken this boat? How is the food on the Vantage boats...and do they serve wine with their evening meal?:) This is our first river boat trip and we are very excited. Does anyone have suggestions for restaurants in Amsterdam?

Also... not Cozumel again cruiser...were you by any chance on the Grand Princess for her transatlantic cruise Nov '05?

The Missus and I are booked on the Amalegro (Amadeus Waterways) for the June 12 "Black Sea Voyage" program from Istanbul to Budapest. We added a couple nights on each end of the program for some "independent" time, and may use one of those days in Budapest to hop a train up to Vienna (if easy and inexpensive). This will be our first River Cruise experience, and we're *really* looking forward to it -- thanks in no small part to the wealth of information and personal experiences shared on this message board.

We really *wanted* to do the Grand Danube Cruise from Istanbul up to Prague, but they had sold out of that prior to our booking (a couple weeks ago now). We added the pre & post days in an effort to "make up" for that in some small way. I guess it just means we'll have to take another trip from Prague down to Budapest, eh?

Is it June yet???

This will be our 3rd rivercruise with GCT. The first one was Vilshofen to Budapest. The second one from Vienna to the Netherlands. This one will start with a pre-trip in Prague for a few days in a hotel then to Budapest to board the ship and cruise to the Black Sea with stops along the way and ending with a post trip in Translyvania.

We are very happy:) :) :) :) with GCT and look forward to this August 2007 trip with them aboard one of their rivercruise ships.

Jayge

We have booked this 26 day river cruise on Grand Circle. We depart the states on July 18, 2007. We are extending 4 days in Brussels after getting off in Amsterdam.

Two questions. 1. Is any one else going on this trip? 2. Does any one have any comments on Grand Circle Tour Company?

Capt. & Teach

Capt. & Teach,

We've been on two GCT, Paris to Nice on the MS Provence (46 passengers) and St. Petersburg to Moscow on the MS Tikhi Don (160 passengers). Everything was fine, guides, service, food, cabins. No complaints. We're going on GCT again in July, Eastern Europe to the Black Sea.

Archived