How Many Have Booked River Cruise for 2007 and where?

cruisingmimi

We've booked Gate 1 Bolero April 14, 7 day Holland in Bloom Amsterdam/Amsterdam. The Bolero is identical to the Johann Strauss.

We also have a Grand Circle cruise on Adagio July 24, Eastern Europe to the Black sea with pre cruise Prague and post cruise Transylvania.

We are booked on the Vantage River Discovery for the May 15th departure of the 10th Annual President's River Cruise, Vienna to Amsterdam. We have done two previous Vantage Pres. cruises and have found them to be nigh unto perfect for us. We can't wait!

Donna

I am curious as to how many have already booked 2007 European river cruises and the destination you selected. Also, what cruise line did you select and the reason why.

Thanks so much.

Mary

We booked the Blue Danube river cruise on Amadeus for August 2. An excellent itinerary, rave reviews, and a new ship were the basis for our decision.

Bruce:)

I received an e-mail from Globus/Avalon today 9/30. Avalon will NOT be offering a Russian river cruise in 2007.

You should consider Amadeus which seems to be highly recommended. For booking consider UET at http://www.uet.com - Russian Waterways cruise. I have used UET before with absolutely no problems.

Thank you for the update. I am curious what ever became of MS Anastasia? And the future of Avalon in Russia....?

I have booked Amadeus for May 2007. So far, I am pleased with what I have read about Amadeus and am looking forward to the cruise (my first river boat cruise). My usual cruise agent gave me a pretty good rate on Amadeus so I went with her. Otherwise, I would have gone with UET.

The news about the lack of Russia on Avalon for 2007 is a bummer!!!!! Can't say that any of the other lines really interest us--especially the very small cabins. Hopefully we will find a river cruise in Russia in the nexr year or two. Fortunately there are so many other rivers yet not sailed on. We leave Mon. for a cruise around Japan, so I guess life can't be all that bad.

Safe travels Pat

Neengay,

Last year we did a driving trip of WW1 and WW2 sites for two weeks and then turned in the car at La Havre to do the Viking Seine trip for the week. We thoroughly enjoyed the stops. Having the extra days in Paris was very nice too. The ship was docked within walking distance to the Eiffle Tower.

My only wish was that the time Honfleur had been longer. The walking tour was wonderful but we had to leave by 11:00 a.m. for onward touring. I loved this town and wanted more time there. Very frustrating!

We just booked the April 9th trip on Vantage from Vienna to Bucharest. We did a Vantage trip in Russia a couple of years ago and found it most educational, enjoyable, and highly organized. We are looking forward to seeing this area.

DD,

Thanks for the advice about Honfleur. I am trying to decide whether to fly into London and take a ferry across the Channel a few days early having time to explore the area. The alternative would be to fly into Paris and take Viking transportation to La Havre (no time to spare). Your thoughts? Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have three brochures staring at me. My first choice is Amadeus, then Viking, then Uniword. I think the Christmas Markets interests me most but I have never traveled in the winter. For those of you who have done the Christmas Markets, could you let me know which one is best?:confused:

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked with Amadeus Waterwasy on the ship MS Amadagio departing from Budapest June 2, 2007 to Amsterdam. We are using Capt Sanday Cruise Holidays out of Stittsville, ON.

We live in Ocoee, Florida but we are traveling with friends from DunRobin, ON and that is where we are leaving from.

Ray & Helen

We have booked with Amadeus Waterwasy on the ship MS Amadagio departing from Budapest June 2, 2007 to Amsterdam. We are using Capt Sandy's Cruise Holidays out of Stittsville, ON.

We live in Ocoee, Florida but we are traveling with friends from DunRobin, ON and that is where we are leaving from.

Ray & Helen

We are doing Grand European Serenade: Bucharest to Amsterdam 28 days on August 24. We liked the itinerary, got a better deal with a US travel agent and need to take the longer trip to justify the expensive and long flight from Australia.

Would love to hear from anyone doing our trip.

Sandra & Peter

We booked the Vantage River Discovery, August 2007, Amsterdam to the Black Sea (Oltenita/Bucharest). From what I've read Vantage has a good reputation and the timing fits into our schedule. We took a 7-day Rhine River cruise last year and enjoyed it so much we took the leap to this 27-day cruise.

Years ago (in the mid-60s) I was assigned to a base in West Germany. Primarily because of the Iron Curtain, but also time and money constraints, I wasn't able to visit Eastern Europe. The River Discovery is a new ship and we are looking forward very much to enjoying her and visiting some of those previously inaccessible countries.

Bill

Hi joeljoan,

We just booked May 6th today, from Amserdam to Budapest.There were only 2 rooms left.

We live in montreal, Canada.

it will be our 1st river cruise.

Looking forward to a different experience.

We have done over 35 ocean cruises.

Eileen

Eileen,

We will definitely look you up on board. Are you arriving early in Amsterdam? We are going to arrive a day early and stay in town for one night. We are also, I think, going to stay a couple more days in Budapest.

I haven't gotten around to making plane reservations yet but will get on it soon. We live in Florida and are planning on leaving from Orlando.

Stay in touch. By the way, my email in case you want to reach me later, is Joan.Cohen@cox.net.:D

Joan

Joan,

Are you looking for a hotel in Amsterdam? We stayed at the Renaissance. It is about a 10 min. walk from the central train station. It is part of the Marriott chain--very quiet, very nice rooms. Tram stop around the corner--will get you just about any place in Amsterdam. It is a lovely city. If you visit the Anne Frank house, go in the late afternoon--the tours are gone by then. You can also search this site, everyone seems to have their favorite places to stay.

We have booked 2 river cruises for 2007. Feb is a cruise on the Nile. In June, we are going on Viking's Berlin to Prague.

Safe travels. ENJOY Pat

Hi,

For sure, we will meet on board.

We booked our air yesterday, Montreal to Amsterdam direct, on KLM.

We will come home the day we disembark in Budapest. We fly Budapest to Amsterdam then to Montreal.

I have emailed you directly.

If anyone can suggest good ideas, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eileen

Archived