Need Opinions About Flight Out Of Ft Lauderdale

Sheila56

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess October 22 through October 30th. I can get round trip airfare from Indiandpolis to Ft Lauderdale on Delta for $152.00 per person IF we can catch the 9:50 am flight leaving Ft Lauderdale on the 30th.

The last time I think we had an 11:30 flight and that was no problem. Princess did a great job of moving everyone through the lines.

Based on your experience, should I book the 9:50 am flight?

Thanks,

Sheila

I would advise you NOT to book that 9:50 a.m. flight. With all the added security these days, you can't be too sure you would make it. I would'nt chance that 9:50 a.m. flight, too much stress and on vacation, you don't need added stress. Get a later flight and enjoy your cruise.

950 is cutting it way to close.. Even though the airport is fairly close to the port you should give yourself at least a 1 1/2 to 2 hour window. Remember if someone else is late clearing customs, no one is allowed off the ship. I cannot remember anyone getting off earlier than 9 am in a long long time. You will have to find your luggage, find transportation, check in your luggage and hope that security is a non-event.. Personally I would shoot for any flight after 11.

Wow - even I, a risk taker, would not book that flight. We take the 11:30 a.m. flight from FLL to Connecticut. 9:50 is way tooo close. All it takes is someone to hold up that disembarkation process off the ship! :eek:

We disembarked on another one of the Princess ships and had an early flight, but now that early........earliest anyone was able to disembark was around 9am, so that would be cutting it way to close. Found side step and Qixo helpful in pricing air from lots of different scouces dibe them a try and see if you can find a later flight

Archived