coffee charges?

smj

:)

The Vista ships have the Windstar Cafe where you have to pay for the coffee - sorry don't remember the prices from when we were on the Oosterdam.

All other ships have the Java Cafe which still has complimentary coffees. The only coffees you pay for here are the ones where liquors are added. Hope HAL doesn't change those cafes.

:)

I don't remember exactly what the price was which means it could not have been remarkably high or I would remember. I do recall that we commented the price was way lower than the same coffee would be at Starbuck's....and much larger.

On the Zuiderdam, they had a very nice selection of coffees, cappucinos, and lattes. I went there every afternoon, and tried several selections, and think the price ranged from $2 - 4.00. I ended up with my basic latte', because that's what I'm used to, I guess! They were all very good (although the chocolate/caramel was a bit too sweet, but the white chocolate was great!). Because I went there every day, I tipped the "waitress" ("coffee-ess"?) in cash on the next to last day, and she was very surprised! The pros are that the drinks are large, and the Windstar is open for longer hours than the Java Cafe. I still miss the Java Cafe and cookies, though!

Archived