Forget the Dawn! Lets try the Spirit.

coondogg97

OK told you it was late.:D

Princess has anytime dining. 2 nights are formal They have quite good food in the Horizon Court/ Cafe Caribe where you dress casually on formal nights. They also leave from NY.

Just another option.:)

Bill

Which is one reason why I will not sail on Princess. Who wants to dine at the cafeteria or food court for supper? Those are breakfast and lunch options, not dinner options.

With NCL, you can dress Resort Casual and dine with those dress to the Nines in the restaurants, not spurned away to a buffet/cafeteria or the food courts. I'm on vacation for rest and relaxation, not to outdress anyone.

Which is one reason why I will not sail on Princess. Who wants to dine at the cafeteria or food court for supper? Those are breakfast and lunch options, not dinner options.

With NCL, you can dress Resort Casual and dine with those dress to the Nines in the restaurants, not spurned away to a buffet/cafeteria or the food courts. I'm on vacation for rest and relaxation, not to outdress anyone.

You can dine at the buffet or be seated and served steaks etc at tables with tablecloths etc just like the dining room.

On formal nights on the Crown Princess out of NY they have a seafood buffet with lobster.

But if you need to sit in the main dining room none of these options will work.

Just throwing out some options for the OP who thinks that they are stuck with NCL.

Like I read quite often in this forum is that if you are flexible and go with the flow you'll have a good time. Same can be said for Princess on their formal nights.

Bill

OK told you it was late.:D

Princess has anytime dining. 2 nights are formal They have quite good food in the Horizon Court/ Cafe Caribe where you dress casually on formal nights. They also leave from NY.

Just another option.:)

Bill

Thank you everyone for your comments. I dont mine wearing a suite, I wear them all the time.

SS - Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that Princess offered a "Freestyle" option on their line. I will be sure to look into that for next year. It will be a nice change regardless. We got our tickets yesterday and I can't wait to go! I just hope this cruise fares better then the last one!!

Thanks again,

Brian

Thank you everyone for your comments. I dont mine wearing a suite, I wear them all the time.

SS - Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that Princess offered a "Freestyle" option on their line. I will be sure to look into that for next year. It will be a nice change regardless. We got our tickets yesterday and I can't wait to go! I just hope this cruise fares better then the last one!!

Thanks again,

Brian

I do hope this cruise is better for ya! I would go with a positive attitude and not look for things that are wrong. You might have the tendencey to spend your vacation making comparisions instead of just enjoying yourself considering your last cruise.

No two cruises are alike so I'd say your chances are good that you will be surprised and have a ball. As for those dining options and booking the speciality restaurants...my hubby and I always had great luck booking all of them the first day and then picking early or very late times...less crowded times. You can always cancel if your plans change. When you first board the ship make "booking your restaurants" a priority and see how lucky you get. ;)

Archived