Diamond Princess Flight help

SipeShape

I have book a cruise aboard the Diamond for the Mexican Riviera on 4/21/07. And did not include the outrageous amount for airfare through our travel agent. First time leaving from the west coast. Fist of all I can not find directions or an address for the port in San Pedro on the Princess web-site? Second it looks like it would be closer to fly into Long Beach airport than LAX. Although the flights are much cheaper to land at LAX. But the cab ride would be quite expensive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:)

Fly into whatever is cheapest: LAX or Long Beach. Even John Wayne isn't too bad if you managed to get a really cheap fare there, though that would be unusual. Long Beach is closer, with less traffic.

The Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) is actually closer to Long Beach than it is to LA.

Does JetBlue fly out of your airport to Long Beach? If so, that's the deal to take!

The airport is smaller than LAX (which is a zoo) and is closer to San Pedro Harbor. We paid $50 each way, including tip, for three people and luggage from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro. I believe the name of the service was Golden West. They use large clean Suburbans. And they are right there as soon as you call them after luggage pick-up.

Here is the link to the Super Shuttle website:

http://supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm

You can check prices based on # of passengers you will have.

I was going to use them for our cruise this past April, but ended up purchasing the Princess pre-cruise hotel/transportation package they offered at the Marriott at LAX. It was $59 per person plus taxes. While the hotel is nothing to rave about, it was adequate. They met us at the airport, got us to the hotel, and picked us up the next morning. We thought it was worth the money since we were already coming in the night before. Don't know if they still offer this package.

We ended up taking Super Shuttle back to the airport, but didn't book in advance. Just walked off the ship, picked up luggage and got into one of the Super Shuttles waiting at the curb (paid driver).

Archived