Docking in Cozumel

luckydogone

I'm going to be on the Glory in March which Cozumel is one of it's ports of call. On my last crusie on the Valor we docked at the pier where Fat Tuesdays is. Does anyone know if this is the same pier that the Glory will dock at or is it the one closer to Carlos & Charlies or are one or both of them damaged from the hurricane? Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks in advance,

I was just in Cozumel last week. We did not dock. We tendered. They told us that the ships rotate the one remaining dock and Royal Carribean was up when we were there. However, the dock they did use was not the one that Fat Tuesdays was at as It was completely gone and what was left was used for tendering.

I'm going to be on the Glory in March which Cozumel is one of it's ports of call. On my last crusie on the Valor we docked at the pier where Fat Tuesdays is. Does anyone know if this is the same pier that the Glory will dock at or is it the one closer to Carlos & Charlies or are one or both of them damaged from the hurricane? Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks in advance,

All three were destroyed by hurricane Wilma. I think one is operational now and they plan to have another one online by the end of the month as well its my understanding the ships are taking turns docking. Try the cozumel forum as well alot of good info over there.

You might also check the Cozumel boards -there are a few posters on that board that live there.

There is a website that has what ships are where on what day--someone will help you with the name. We were in Cozumel on the Miracle a couple of weeks ago and as the only ship we were supposed to dock. Didn't happen--apparently they used the opportunity to work on the dock--announced a day or 2 ahead in the Capers. The advantage was we were tendered into the ferry dock downtown so no need for a taxi for those who wanted to gawk and shop.

There is a website that has what ships are where on what day--someone will help you with the name. We were in Cozumel on the Miracle a couple of weeks ago and as the only ship we were supposed to dock. Didn't happen--apparently they used the opportunity to work on the dock--announced a day or 2 ahead in the Capers. The advantage was we were tendered into the ferry dock downtown so no need for a taxi for those who wanted to gawk and shop.

www.cruisecal.com

also http://www.cozumelinsider.com has the cruise ship schedule for cozumel as well.

I hope this isnt against the rules to post these websites if it is I apologize in advance.

RCI paid a substantial part for repairs to the only operational pier. If there is a RCI ship in port, it will be docked at the pier. You can check which ships are in port by going to www.cruisecal.com.

The last I heard, Carnival had not started repairs on their pier and port building...I am sure someone will correct me if my info is wrong.

LL

RCI paid a substantial part for repairs to the only operational pier. If there is a RCI ship in port, it will be docked at the pier. You can check which ships are in port by going to www.cruisecal.com.

The last I heard, Carnival had not started repairs on their pier and port building...I am sure someone will correct me if my info is wrong.

LL

I will correct you, there is a rotation, we were in port with RCI, they tendered we docked. They have a schedule and they take turn.

The pier that is being used is the International Pier, you can find maps on www.cozumelinsider.com to see where that is.

The Carnival pier is not going to be repaired any time soon, it was not just roughed up, it is gone - at least 90% of it. The first 100ft is still there and they tender into that pier sometimes. They will be building from scratch, they were working on one of the other piers when we were there, closer to town, they were saying "next month" - that was 4 months ago...

you can kind of keep an eye out for which ships dock, and when (week by week). Just got it over on the Coz board. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Ship

In the schedule from the link above the position of each ship is noted with the following terms: Fondeo Position 2, Al Pairo and Band. Ext . Does anyone know what these terms mean in relation to the docking/tendering positions?

In the schedule from the link above the position of each ship is noted with the following terms: Fondeo Position 2, Al Pairo and Band. Ext . Does anyone know what these terms mean in relation to the docking/tendering positions?

It is not very clear, because where they list Puerta Maya, nobody docks there, but they are TENDERING to there from anchor...

• 1 year later...

Archived