Did I get a good price??? Balcony Conquest?

shermar96

DH and I (past cruiser with Carnival) are going on the Conquest on 02/25/07 and are paying $729 each + port charges so around about $1500 total for a balcony room on the Empress Deck. Is this a good price??

I read a lot about OBC and am wondering if I would be able to get any. When I check prices now - they show $799 pp.

Just want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped.

Thanks!!

We are cruising next month, and are paying $769pp for a balcony on the upper (that includes taxes and port charges), plus a $50pp OBC. February tends to be a little higher than October, so that sounds right... if the ship is selling well, the prices are going to be higher... and since the cruise isn't very far away, I'd say that was fair. Ours are up to $909pp for next month...

DH and I (past cruiser with Carnival) are going on the Conquest on 02/25/07 and are paying $729 each + port charges so around about $1500 total for a balcony room on the Empress Deck. Is this a good price??

I read a lot about OBC and am wondering if I would be able to get any. When I check prices now - they show $799 pp.

Just want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped.

Thanks!!

You said your price does not include port charges... many sites DO include port charges, so that $799 might not be comparing apples to apples. What is your total price WITH the port charges???:confused:

I paid $729 per person for an 8c balcony last week on the Conquest which included everything.

Robb

Exactly what we ended up with, but started at $779 pp. Kept checking for price reductions; got $30 pp first, then $20 pp another time (both before final payment.)

After those price reductions, the price for our balcony category went up to $849 before selling out. :eek:

GoinCruising: It ended up being about $1500 total w/ port charges. I had expected to pay closer to $2000 total thru the website, but when I called Carnival just to check on it - Jason quoted me the $729 price pp and I quickly jumped on it.

I feel pretty good about it then! Thanks!

I am realizing what an amazing deal we got on our cruise for 10/1/06 Conquest category 12. I had booked an ovenview and decided that we would spring for a balcony, so I was watching the rates and saw that there was a sale coming up. July 5th I checked a popular website to see what it was going for there and actually found a Suite with Larger Balcony - 12 for $60 more than our original oceanview!!! I called my PVP and got her voicemail. Pulled out my paperwork and found that I could cancel my original reservations without penalty. I went ahead and made the reservations online and managed to get my category 12 suite for only $759!! When the PVP called me back and I told her about she said that she didn't know how they had gotten that price so she wouldn't be able to match it, so I should go ahead and get it through ******* if they would honor the advertised price. They did and I did!! I don't know how I lucked out so well! She also told me that it was only on the internet for about 30 minutes!:D :D :D :D :D

Archived