Carnival Weddings-Never recieved Wedding License!

KampsvilleKruisers

Hello all.

My wife and I were married on the Carnival Miracle on August 6, 2006. Our officiant and the wedding people before the wedding said we would recieve the license in the mail 3-4 weeks after sailing. Four and a half weeks went buy, and I called the Carnival Wedding Department. They told me no, it takes 4-6 weeks.:confused: Ok. Six and a half weeks go by, I call them again, and they tell me no, it takes 6-8 weeks.:mad: I am about ready to tear my hair out (only because they are 1000 miles away, otherwise I would tear their hair out). Has anyone else had this problem????:(

KampsvilleKruisers - I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if you were happy with your wedding aboard the ship. I have booked a cruise for next April - we haven't decided yet whether we are going to get married on the ship or off in St. Thomas. We have 32 other guests sailing with us. I know either way it is going to be wonderful but would love your input on how Carnival handed the whole thing for you.

Thanks in advance. :)

I thought the on ship wedding was great. But I am one that likes short and sweet. the ceremony lasted no more than 20 minutes, and the reception was right after that in the lounge....You will have fun, but if you have the money go for the off ship wedding. Saying you got married in St. Thomas sounds even better than getting married on a cruise ship!!!

KampsvilleKruisers - I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if you were happy with your wedding aboard the ship. I have booked a cruise for next April - we haven't decided yet whether we are going to get married on the ship or off in St. Thomas. We have 32 other guests sailing with us. I know either way it is going to be wonderful but would love your input on how Carnival handed the whole thing for you.

Thanks in advance. :)

The only downside to an off-ship wedding is the possiblity that a port will be skipped for various reasons. A small chance - but something you need to keep in mind.

Congratulations!!

When I got married in a church ceremony, the minister waited until the last possible moment to file our marriage. It took nearly two months to get our certificate back. :)

Then the fun of changing my name began...here's a tip...get more than one notarized copy your marriage certificate...you're gonna need them for EVERYONE. :) DMV, Social Security, etc etc etc.

Ok, we are getting married at the Grand Cayman stop. We are going through a wedding planner on the island. How does that work, as far as the marriage certificate goes? Do you still have to wait for them to file? You got me curious now! :rolleyes:

I would think your wedding planner could easily (and more important, accurately) answer that one.

One thing learned the hard way- Unless you're Thurston Howell III or a Rockefeller, I wouldn't suggest having your grooms dinner at the Hard Rock:eek:

KampsvilleKruisers - I agree it does sound pretty cool to say "I got married in St. Thomas" but we will probably be sticking with the on-board ceremony and reception. I just found out today that we are looking at approximately $600 to get our guests from the ship to the wedding site and back (which is only a few miles) !!!!

You sound like my fiance - he's looking for "short and sweet". (We have been together 15 years so this is a HUGE thing to our family and friends)

I'm glad you enjoyed your ceremony/reception/cruise.

P.S. And it is still fun to say "we got married on a cruise" :D

Lisa

Ok, we are getting married at the Grand Cayman stop. We are going through a wedding planner on the island. How does that work, as far as the marriage certificate goes? Do you still have to wait for them to file? You got me curious now! :rolleyes:

Wow, you are adventurous, aren't you? Are you aware that Grand Cayman is skipped anytime the water is rough? Since it's a tender port? I would rethink this choice.

Earlier this year, we were on the Grand Princess and met a couple who were to be married in Grand Cayman. We found out when we got on the ship that we were going to Costa Maya instead because of waves. The bride to be was very upset and was miserable most of the rest of the cruise. I don't know if she was able to recover any of the deposits she put down on the beach wedding that never happened. Good luck and congratulations. I hope everything works out for you.

I LOVE Grand Cayman - but because I know that port is missed sometimes (even more so because you tender) - that is why we were going to go with St. Thomas - and our cruise is in April - so the weather should be decent. I agree though - it is pretty scary to think you have this whole wedding planned and then the ship doesn't stop..........????????? Oh, I would be soooo sad.

This is what I think all day .... On the ship or St.Thomas...?? on the ship or St. Thomas.....?? on the ship or St. Thomas...? :confused:

We were married on the Glory 2 years ago last January.

It took about 4 months to get our marriage certificate back from Florida.

My wife was going nuts trying to get her name changed.

Relax, it'll show up.

The wedding and reception on the 'boat' were fantastic.

We went with the 1 hour open bar and hot and cold hordouvers for 26 people. They were all cruising with us.

Then we had another reception back home in the summer.

It all worked out great.

You're gonna love being the first ones on the 'boat'.

The only thing I didn't like was the pictures after the reception. He's gonna drag you all over the 'boat'. Don't just agree on the price he quotes you when you go to look at your pictures. I can't remember the exact price but, when we finally settled, it cost us about a third of his original price and he ended up giving us everything anyhow. After all, what's he gonna do with your pictures?

As someone else said - that port is accessed only by tenders that will not work if the seas are too rough or the weather is bad. Do you have a back up plan and do you know what $$ you will be out if the ship does not stop?

Just wondering if you have all of that figured out so that you are not disappointed on that day. It would be a shame to have the perfect wedding planned and not be able to see that happen.

Thanks for everyone's input on the Grand Cayman stop....I do have a back up plan for Miami if we can't tender to Grand Cayman. The wedding coordinator didn't think we had too much to worry about though, because she said that February is a dry month. So, nothing like living on the edge.:D I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Archived