Carnival Customer Service

mrdood

...I guess that the wink about hauling a damaged bag on my next cruise was not enough...:rolleyes:
Of course not! No amount of ;) or :p or :D will help. Maybe 6 or 7 more posts of "I WAS KIDDING!" will get through to the humor challanged around here. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Three cruises ago, they totally destroyed our biggest and heaviest suitcase -- ripped the zipper; broke off a whole wheel entirely. This happened after the cruise (at debarkation). I point out the big and heavy part b/c we had to carry it back since it had no wheel. We showed the Carnival reps the damage at the desk b/4 we even left the baggage claim area. We were handed a piece of paper and told to call a 1-800 # to get a location of a "repair" shop. we would have to bring our suitcase into that shop for an assessment and estimate. if, after that, it couldn't be repaired, we could then file a claim for a refund.

all of this yada, yada, yada crap wasn't worth it. we were pi**ed, but eventually got over it. we just didn't feel like dealing with all hassle to make a claim for a suitcase, and so we never did. Do ya think they cld make it any harder? The rep at the terminal cld have made the determination on the spot that our suitcase was destroyed. they just don't want to pay.

Our airlines goes through a lot of our luggage (since Delta saw my husband more than I did last year) and they just have us drop it off at a local luggage repair shop here in town. Sometimes they fix it, sometimes the shop just offers us a replacement. They leave it up to the shop.

Of course, airlines have more "hubs" (for lack of a better term) than cruise ships do...so that arrangement probably would not work. But you should not have to submit an estimate. If you get it fixed and send them a bill then they should pay it. They could even have an "escape" clause for "reasonable and customary" to protect them from "Uncle Joe" charging his nephew $300.00 to repair the case.

Any updates on the "Voyage of the Damaged Luggage" ???

It has been almost a month.

Far from finished, I received their "we have no liability" letter, that I was waiting for, now I am going to send them pictures of the luggage on the ship that I took, and include my receipt for $30 to replace the piece (I buy cheap, this piece has been on 5 cruises and umpteen numbers of business and personal trips, and would have lasted forever if not for the specific damage)

...and copies of my cruise contract that they love to quote, that does not include the language they keep telling me it has:rolleyes:

In January we are booking 8 cabins for an Alaskan cruise, it is down the Carnival or RCI, right now RCI has the nod, which really rubs me wrong DW is at 8 Carnival cruises, I was going to send her on a short one in between so she would be Platinum for Alaska, but right now, Carnival won't even live up to their contract, they are squeezing pennies and losing dollars with me - you would think they would look up my cruise history and spending habits, and go "oh crap, give him whatever it takes to keep him on board"...

more to come later on the saga of extremely poor customer service:mad:

Far from finished, I received their "we have no liability" letter, that I was waiting for, now I am going to send them pictures of the luggage on the ship that I took, and include my receipt for $30 to replace the piece (I buy cheap, this piece has been on 5 cruises and umpteen numbers of business and personal trips, and would have lasted forever if not for the specific damage)

...and copies of my cruise contract that they love to quote, that does not include the language they keep telling me it has:rolleyes:

In January we are booking 8 cabins for an Alaskan cruise, it is down the Carnival or RCI, right now RCI has the nod, which really rubs me wrong DW is at 8 Carnival cruises, I was going to send her on a short one in between so she would be Platinum for Alaska, but right now, Carnival won't even live up to their contract, they are squeezing pennies and losing dollars with me - you would think they would look up my cruise history and spending habits, and go "oh crap, give him whatever it takes to keep him on board"...

more to come later on the saga of extremely poor customer service:mad:

I have a better idea....take a quickie (I mean cruise...take your mind out of the gutter folks) on Carnival and take that bag with you. Go to the pursers desk and report the damage!!! That way you get your bag fixed, you get a cruise and DW gets to be Platinum!!!! And tell Carnival's customer service to go jump in the lake (or the sea).

Archived