Favorite Piano Bar Song

spikera

asongulove (mark)

how about honky tonk ba-donky-donk

i was on the legend cruise that you frist brought that one out of the bag.

corey and kelly- legend out of nyc 04/06.- i also think that was the shakera (sp?) cruise. hope all is well with you.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

FRANK SINATRA --- NEW YORK, NEW YORK:cool:

Oh, tell me what is more fun than singing that song:D

"start spreading the news, I'm leaving this town . . . .

"if I can make it there, I'll make anywhere, it up to you -- new -- york -- new yoooooooork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Come on y'all join in and sing with me.

(yes, I am from NYC):o

I love it! Theme nights! I remember first hearing "Pictures of Lili" and realizing what it was about. Scandalous! That and "Squeezebox". I might have even blushed. Oh to be that young and innocent again.

That'll do. Of course "Jersey Girl" isn't technically a Bruce song, since Tom Waits wrote it. But it's so heavily identified with Bruce's version. What makes me laugh is that if you listen to Bruce's version it sounds like a love song to the Jersey girl. Tom's version? Not so much... Which way do you do it?

You know that all the piano parts on "Bat out of Hell" were played by Roy Bittan from the E. Street band, right? And Max Weinberg played drums on that album as well.

I have a wealth of useless music and entertainment tidbits stored in my head. Just ask Ron. (Oh what a night!)

Laura

Hey Laura

I see you booked on the Valor too...

i'm glad your going th same week...

i lookforward to meeting up with you..

jerry

Hey Laura

I see you booked on the Valor too...

i'm glad your going th same week...

i lookforward to meeting up with you..

jerry

Hi Jerry,

I just started a Roll call for this sailing (way early). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7926448#post7926448

come join me!

And if you're looking for me on the ship, just look in the piano bar most nights!

Laura

We were on the Triumph in Nov 2004 and our Piano man was singing a song about "Alice". There were a LOT of East coasters there that all seemed to know this song and can not find the name to have it played again... The audience participation line to sing is...."Alice, Alice, who the *@#$ is Alice!!! ". Please, does anyone know the name of this for my Pride cruise coming up next month? It was hilarious!

• 1 month later...
We were on the Triumph in Nov 2004 and our Piano man was singing a song about "Alice". There were a LOT of East coasters there that all seemed to know this song and can not find the name to have it played again... The audience participation line to sing is...."Alice, Alice, who the *@#$ is Alice!!! ". Please, does anyone know the name of this for my Pride cruise coming up next month? It was hilarious!

The song is called "Living Next Door To Alice" by a British group called Smokie.

Ron

Thank you so much for answering my question on the Alice song. Although I just got back from my Pride cruise, I will be on many more so I will keep this song title handy. By the way, wish you were on the Pride instead of "Augustine". He really killed the fun when he let this drunk lounge singer take over the mic. He wasn't awful, but it put you in a hypnotic depressing mood. Even though we complained to him, he still allowed the guy to sing. After three nights of it, we never went back, and we look so forward to the piano bar nights, too! :(

Heard you are awesome though. Hope to cross your path one day!

I am familiar with the Alice song, having learned about it on the Triumph in Oct 2004. It is a great time if enough people join in! Carmen was our piano player and he was the best!

He also played Lucille at the same time, with lots of participation. We went almost every night and had a blast!

I was disappointed last year though on the Conquest, as the crowd was more subdued and there were never any of those type songs played. I guess it depends on the ship and the piano player.

How many of the other piano guys play the dirty type songs? We are going on another cruise this next spring and hope to be on a ship with a fun piano bar.

• 2 years later...

Great job on the game show lyrics. Why mark did you not want the million? You are awesome and know the songs. I agree with you taking the money but it would have been nice to see you take it all. Great job you rock. When is the next show not on the ship?

Great job on the game show lyrics. Why mark did you not want the million? You are awesome and know the songs. I agree with you taking the money but it would have been nice to see you take it all. Great job you rock. When is the next show not on the ship?

Woah... resurrecting a really old piano bar thread.... which I just re-read. Since this thread started, I was on an RCI cruise and the guitar player in the pub on Navigator was pretty good... the crowd favorite was "Alice, Alice, who the *&&^ is Alice!" It was so much fun... but there was no door to close (like you do late in the Carnival piano bar) and the CD was not enjoying this particular song. Made the guitar player stop. Would never happen on a Carnival ship!!! Just close the door!!!

Just off the Pride for the third and final time before she leaves for Baltimore... Duane was our Piano Man and after giving him a $20.00 tip played Alice for me! :) I created a whole new audience that fell in love with Alice and her "story" ! tee hee... such a fun song if you have the right crowd!

• 3 weeks later...

I just found my next playlist theme...piano bar tunes. Mine would have to be "The only Gay Eskimo." We had Brad Alexander on the Triumph (May 5/2007) Great guy and really great to be around.

Come on everyone...post your off the wall or just all time favorites here!

-Bubba

On the Destiny I had the good fortune to meet Damian Brell. Great piano bar musician. By the second night of our 9 night cruise I had most of our group (Saints and Sinners ) going there, He was really good and I have seen a lot of them.

On the first night I asked for a good "DRINKING" song. He responded with a song that was played often in an Irish pub I used to bartend in many years ago.....

"Wild Rover"

Check it out....(Not Damian but the band that wrote and played the song from New Zealand) It brought the house down every night.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQtzrI5w88

Archived