Halloween on a cruise?

margaritagirl26

My husband and I will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise during Halloween this year. We asked our "cruise consultant" at RC if there would be any kind of Halloween events onboard, but she told us it's generally up to the ship's entertainment director. Has anyone sailed on RC during this time? We love Halloween and would definitely dress in costume if there was a Halloween party or anything like that. But we don't want to bring costumes if nothing is going to be celebrated! Any feedback on experiences with cruising during Halloween would be great! Thanks!

We were on the Explorer on Halloween last year. The Royal Promenade was decorated and there were several Halloween events onboard that day. It happened to be our first sea day and also the first formal night so not many people went to dinner in costumes. After dinner we saw a lot of costumes, especially in the bars/night club. There were also a few to be seen during the day as well.

I loved Halloween on the ship. We didn't take costumes with but if we do go on another cruise during Halloween I would love to take one.

I cruise every year during Halloween and can tell you that on both Princess and RCCL they do celebrate. (Celebrity is much more subdued.) Both lines decorate and have appropriate drink specials, etc. During the evening/night they have costume parties/parades and dances. It's lots of fun. Princess is the best as they put up a display of more jack-o-lanterns in one place than you have ever seen in the atrium!

We sent Halloween 2003, on the Ryndam 10 day Mexico. Most passengers were "mature", the party didn't happen.

Jay

So, I'll be on the Maasdam this year for Halloween (10-day, starting Oct 28) Does this mean if I bring (and wear;) ) a costume on Halloween that the "mature" clientele will look down their noses at me? Think I'm darling? Assume I'm a crew member?? Or should I just forget the costume idea??

Halloween is one of my FAVORITE holidays--I always dress up for work. Our anniversary is October 28 (yes, the day our cruise departs:D ) and I brought a costume on our honeymoon!! It wasn't elaborate--I brought black clothing, and cat's ears headband, and the resort we stayed at had facepainting so I got whiskers done.....

My husband and I will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise during Halloween this year. We asked our "cruise consultant" at RC if there would be any kind of Halloween events onboard, but she told us it's generally up to the ship's entertainment director. Has anyone sailed on RC during this time? We love Halloween and would definitely dress in costume if there was a Halloween party or anything like that. But we don't want to bring costumes if nothing is going to be celebrated! Any feedback on experiences with cruising during Halloween would be great! Thanks!

Cruised on Rcl about four years ago during Halloween. We were with three other couples and didn't tell them we we going to dress up. When they knocked on our door for dinner we told them we were running late and would meet in the dinning room.. They thought we were having an argument, so they left. Well DH and I made a grand entrance down the spiral staircase in our costumes and the whole dinning room enjoyed it. Our friends actually cried, they thought it was great. Later they had contests on the Lido and Dh and I won for best "Seniors" At that point I felt like crying (only kidding) We had a great time. All I can tell you is do what you feel confortable doing and have fun. We are going to be leaving on a cruise on Halloween but we aren't dressing up this time.:) ;)

Archived