Constellation 3/12 - what's going on???

PatC

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that this trip, which was to begin on March 12, 2005, has been chartered. Yes, the whole ship according to the Celebrity rep. My son and his family were booked on this and by chance last night I was just searching around to see how the prices were affected on some trips. I noticed that their cruise was missing from the Celebrity site. I called him, he called Celebrity and lo and behold, he was told the ship had been chartered, they couldn't tell him by whom and to call his travel agent :( :(

He's not happy. Right now he hasn't heard anything from his agent and he's not sure what's going on. I just thought I'd let you know about this.

Now he's hopping mad and wants compensation, which he should get. When were they going to tell him????? At this point in time he can't afford to book another ship at the rates being quoted. I think Celebrity should step up to the plate and compensate the people who won't be able to sail on this trip. We're all Elite members of the CC (not that that will make much difference) but they'd better explain this or he'll go right to the top to see what's going on.

Again, just a warning to anyone who may be booked. Get in touch with your T.A.'s to see if you can get answers.

AT this point they don't know what the cruise line is going to do. It seems the ship might be completely booked by a group and then they'll offer them other sailings. They won't know until their revenue department lets them know if this "group" has paid for the ship. They can't release the other passengers until then. That seems a little unfair. At least he hadn't booked the air yet. They would have lost big time on that. Their T.A. is working on getting answers. Of course, that could take time. This really is a mess since they want to cruise next March and they'll be limited. Of course, there's always the possibility that the other ships are also booked and then they're out of luck. Keep your fingers crossed.

Have a great trip!!!

Pat C, is there any chance of your son and his family switching to the cruise you're sailing on (which we'll also be on!)? You are booked on the Summit for 3/11/05, aren't you? Maybe Celebrity will step up to the plate and allow them to switch over, and you can make it a "family reunion" cruise!

Hi Jerseygirl,

They thought about that but at this point Celebrity can't make up their minds. 10 days is hard on them and their friends. Too much time. Anyway, we're still waiting to see what's going on. We do know that the ship is definitely booked and the group of my kids and their friends will not sail on this trip as they all have young impressionable kids. We've sailed on ships with large groups and the take up the entire pool area, have their own activities and are catered to by the cruise line. This type of catering will NOT be suitable for young kids. You know the pool area, what will they see. I don't care if there's a lot of discretion, it's too much of a risk to take and too many questions could come up. I'm not against anyone taking a vacation or anyone's lifestyle, I'll have BIG PROBLEM if Celebrity doesn't do right by these people because it's THEIR decision to book this cruise out to this charter. I'll keep everyone posted.

By the way, we've always cruised as a family. In fact, the last trip for us on Summit, alone, was our first cruise without my kids. It was wierd but we met so many new friends we had a ball. You'll love them all.

Here's the latest....We will have to wait till Tuesday to find out if Celebrity is willing to comp us. All I am saying is....they better do something! I know they want to make money, but they will be losing our group if they don't do something. I have a feeling we will get something. The Celebrity rep was not pleased and she said she did not blame us for wanting to switch. It is one thing if we didn't know, but we found out....thanks to mom! Otherwise we probably would have found out once we got on! And that would not have been good! Everyone should check to be sure that this doesn't happen to them! They have a website and several cruises are booked!

Archived