Please reccommend earliest flight from Destiny

Sianli

We are flying into PR a few days ahead of our cruise so don't need any time there on our return. What is the earliest time you think we could fly out? Was on this ship a few years ago and seem to remember we got off the ship and to the airport waaaaaayyyy early. Looking at a 10:40 flight cuz it is much cheaper and more direct. Any advice???

I would personally never risk a flight that early unless I had trip insurance and a later flight out possibility. There are so many reasons the ship could and has been delayed in the past. Once it gets into port, even if it's on time, there could be customs and immigration delays.

If it were me, I'd stick with the ship's recommendations of not booking prior to 1pm. Even then, Sunday is the busiest day at that airport.

If you have to keep the 10:40am flight, you can be with the first group off the ship and you still might make it, so it's really up to you.

Good Luck!

we just came back on sun and made a flight at 11.20am and that is us getting off the boat at 9.00am we could of got off at 7.45am first off... but we were unsure if we wanted to try for the earlier flight we did and made it with time to kill...

We did our air with Carnival a few years back and they had us on a 9:20 am flight back. We were the first off the ship, as were five others who were on our flight but who'd booked it them selves.

Has an hour to kill at the Airport. :D

Still, was a bit worried about the early flight time off and on throughout the cruise:eek:

And here I am sweating the fact my 1:07 pm flight has been changed to 12:30 pm!

Suggestion, would it be less to fly home on Monday instead of Sunday?

A 12:30 flight should be perfectly fine. A flight home on Monday may be cheaper but only if you can find a hotel that doesn't cost more than the difference in flights (San Juan hotels are expensive).

Turns out we are staying until Tuesday, renting a car, and exploring! I am getting pretty excited. Trying to decide if I should buy any drink coupons. I like the frozen drinks and don't know if they work for those? Any advice?

Archived