Do you get your Passport stamped?

JolleyRoger

You are right, they will NOT stamp it on the cruise ship. I have asked. You need to go to the customs office on the pier while in port.
Not quite correct. I have several stamps on my passport from when the cruise ship was holding the passport.

DW and I have never been out of the counrty... and have just recieved our first Passport.

Do any cruisers here get their PP stamped at Ports of Call?

Our experience is that swiping the magnetic strip of the passport has taken the place of stamping.

Occasionally it will be stamped....but more often it won't.

I had mine stamped at every port on our Southern Caribbean cruise this past January. You just drop off your passport at the pursers desk and at each port someone from immigration comes aboard who will stamp it. None of mine were that pretty...just an ink pad type stamp, but it does include the date you were there which will help me remember my trips when I'm sitting in my rocking chair in a few years!

Of thoase stamps we have gotten about half are unreadable anyway. :mad: Plus they are not in any order page wise. :( So I plan on looking at my pictures in my rocking chair wearing one of the many hats I have collected in my travels. :D

im guessing witht he new passport rules coming into effect ull get it stamped now. im sure if you ask you can to i think itd be cooler to get it stamped. i have one from costa rica and i plan on getting many more. ive got many years tho

On our last Hawaii cruise we had to go to Fanning Island as our foreign port. We wanted to get our passport stamped while on Fanning Island.

Two uniformed men sat at a picnic table and stamped our passports for I believe $1.00 per passport. Seemed a rather casual way of doing it, but this is a very casual island.

Archived