AMEX Platinum Amenities question

amusea

Those are cruises in 2006. The contract has not been renewed for 2007.

I have a Confirmation from HAL for our January 2007 Noordam cruise. We booked it very long ago and they issued our confirmation in anticpation of the contract renewal, I have to assume/presume. They will not issue a confirmation for Shipboard Credit for the three other cruises we have booked for 2007....Yet.

Sail, my TA has told me that my Amex benefit for a 2006 cruise is confirmed. Based on your note, I was thinking that HAL could also reconfirm the benefit is in place, but they are telling me (twice now) that they cannot release any information and that it must come from the TA. Did you book direct with HAL or through a TA? I am curious if perhaps I just need to call HAL rather than email?

I booked with my usual TA. She has booked many cruises for us and well knows my insistence for written confirmation from HAL of our shipboard credit in case of error when we are on the ship. One time (when using a previous TA), we did not have 'proof' with us and we were denied the credit. We eventually got it credited after we returned home but it was a nuisance to have to deal with it.

I don't know what to advise you to do but I think you probably do have to use the TA as intermediary for you with HAL.

Are you sure that your TA got the tracking number? Are you sure your TA has a relationship as described above.....ie paid the yearly fee to AmEx. The last several years, AmEx has required 'outside TA's to pay a yearly fee in order for them to work with the 'outside Agent desk' and get benefits confirmed for their clients.

I booked with my usual TA. She has booked many cruises for us and well knows my insistence for written confirmation from HAL of our shipboard credit in case of error when we are on the ship. One time (when using a previous TA), we did not have 'proof' with us and we were denied the credit. We eventually got it credited after we returned home but it was a nuisance to have to deal with it.

I don't know what to advise you to do but I think you probably do have to use the TA as intermediary for you with HAL.

Are you sure that your TA got the tracking number? Are you sure your TA has a relationship as described above.....ie paid the yearly fee to AmEx. The last several years, AmEx has required 'outside TA's to pay a yearly fee in order for them to work with the 'outside Agent desk' and get benefits confirmed for their clients.

Excellent suggestions, thanks. I will go back through the TA. This is the first time I've used this TA, and I need to confirm all the things you stated. So far, all I have is a verbal 'yes, you have the benefits'.

Archived