Monarch- Online check in

Ronney, it doesn't matter WHICH ship you are sailing on, checking in online and printing and taking your Set Sail Pass with you to the pier will always save you time and aggravation.

It prints out with a bar code; all the worker has to do is scan it, and you're ready to present your credit card and receive your Sea Pass, and GET ON BOARD!!!

Hello everyone,

Yes its me AGAIN :o ...

I am just wondering what is the benefit of online check in? Does it really speed things up? This is for Monarch of the Seas...

Thanks again!

Ronney

Yes it definately speeds things up. If you don't do it online, you will have to do all the paperwork while checking in. Then the checkin workers have to input the information into the computer. If you do it online, as Merion Mom says, all they have to do is scan it...two minutes...and you are on your way to start your vacation! Also, taking care of it online ahead of time makes sure you have all the information and documentation you need. No surprises at the pier.

As a matter of fact, I think online check in must be completed at least two weeks prior to departure. It's not like airport check in, you still have to wait in line and go to the check in counter, so they can verify your info. It just speeds things along. They will take an imprint of your credit card for onboard charges at that time.

So, do it now, before docs are sent (or emailed) out, all your forms will be filled in that way.

I completed my online check in for our Dec 8 cruise on the Monarch at least 2 weeks ago. We're moving in two weeks, so I didn't print out my setsail pass yet - I don't want to risk losing it in the move. I know I could print it out again, but at least I know it's done and all ready to go. One less thing to worry about.

On our last cruise we were surprised at what a difference it made in the check-in process. It ook much less time than the year before. Have a great cruise!:D

As a matter of fact, I think online check in must be completed at least two weeks prior to departure. It's not like airport check in, you still have to wait in line and go to the check in counter, so they can verify your info. It just speeds things along. They will take an imprint of your credit card for onboard charges at that time.

So, do it now, before docs are sent (or emailed) out, all your forms will be filled in that way.

That's incorrect. The following is taken from RCCL's online checkin page:

cor_online_checkin_hdr.gif

s.gif

Expedite the Boarding Process

s.gif

[/url]

Completing the Online Check-In process for all guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier, which means your cruise vacation adventure can start right away. When you arrive at the pier, you'll just need your SetSail Pass, credit card for your onboard purchases and appropriate proof of citizenship and identification documentation to board and begin your adventure.

It doesn't matter whether you reserved your cruise online or through a travel agent. To complete your Online Check-In process, you'll need the reservation number, identification documents and emergency contact information for each guest you want to check in. The process must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the sailing (48 hours for sailings that do not depart from the United States/Canada). If you require assistance with the Online Check-In process or your SetSail Pass, please call (888) 305-2718 or click here for our Contact Us information.

That's incorrect. The following is taken from RCCL's online checkin page:

cor_online_checkin_hdr.gif

s.gif

Expedite the Boarding Process

s.gif

Completing the Online Check-In process for all guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier, which means your cruise vacation adventure can start right away. When you arrive at the pier, you'll just need your SetSail Pass, credit card for your onboard purchases and appropriate proof of citizenship and identification documentation to board and begin your adventure.

It doesn't matter whether you reserved your cruise online or through a travel agent. To complete your Online Check-In process, you'll need the reservation number, identification documents and emergency contact information for each guest you want to check in. The process must be completed at least 24 hours prior to the sailing (48 hours for sailings that do not depart from the United States/Canada). If you require assistance with the Online Check-In process or your SetSail Pass, please call (888) 305-2718 or click here for our Contact Us information.

Thanks for this info. I think I'm going on old info, before they had the set sail passes. I've always completed our online check in right after final payment.

Archived