Dinner Reservations on Crown?

2boyzmom

I have a question with regards to the specialty rest. on the Crown. Do they get booked up pretty quickly? Is it necessary to book the as soon as we board?
We never saw either of the specialty restaurants packed on the Crown. Any time we passed by there were plenty of tables available. It might depend on your dining night and time.

On the Golden and the Star we always had to go down to the restaurants on the first day and make our reservations. Is this how it's done on the first day on the Crown? Does anybody know what time they open the reservations on the first day?

We never saw either of the specialty restaurants packed on the Crown. Any time we passed by there were plenty of tables available. It might depend on your dining night and time.

You're right they never looked busy but it was sometimes difficult to get a booking. Problem is that they don't book numerous sittings at one table for the evening, once you booked, that table was generallly done for the night. I tried a couple of times to book same morning and couldn't get anything but was generally lucky if I called the evening before.

Also, Crown Grill was busiers than Sabatini's.

I can certainly understand while they don't book more than one party per night at each table. Our meal in Sabatini's was about 2.5 hours and the Crown Grill dinner was 3.5 hours, which we closed down!

I do know that on our sailing, during one of the cruise directors morning announcements, he specifically mentioned that "tonight would be a good night to try one of the specialty restaurants", so I assume that meant they weren't completely booked up for that night.

You're right they never looked busy but it was sometimes difficult to get a booking.
Funny how everyone else's experience differs. The night we went to the Grill, it was a that day decision. We called the Grill at 1:00 PM the day we wanted to dine there The person answering the phone asked, "What time would you like? I asked, "What is not available?" He replied, "Everything is available." We got a table for 4 at 8:00 PM. At that time, there was a table of 6 officers, two tables for 2 and another 4. The place was otherwise empty.

On the Golden and the Star we always had to go down to the restaurants on the first day and make our reservations. Is this how it's done on the first day on the Crown? Does anybody know what time they open the reservations on the first day?

We went to each individual restaurant to make reservations on the first afternoon. I don't know what time this started , but there was someone stationed at the entrances by mid-afternoon. Although we could have used the dine line in our cabin, we wanted to see the restaurants (both are unlike the specialty restaurants on the other Grand ships) and also look over the menus.

On the day we boarded the Crown we went down to the Crown Grill to make reservations for our last night onboard. The day before our reservation we requested a time change and had no problem. When we got there around 8 the restaurant looked empty from the front. We were seated in the back and the area filled up slowly. There was a table seated near us with about 7 or 8 officers and another large party of 8 next to us. While we were eating dessert a table full of employees was seated. Tables of two were being seated throughout our meal. I think they pace it so service isn't over burdened...

Archived