Aft Sky Suite (6146 & 6145) on M Class Ships

sjkabak

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice.

My wife and I are booked on the Constellation for a Caribbean cruise this winter and are very excited. We booked cabin 6125.

I just noticed that cabin 6146 is now available. This is the Sky Suite all the way in the back that connects to the Penthouse Suite. According to the deck plans I have seen, this cabin look MUCH bigger than the typical Sky Suite. Is that true? Has anyone ever stayed in one of these aft Sky Suites? I would love to hear from people who have or who know if this cabin is any different than the typical Sky Suite. Pictures would be a dream come true is anyone has any.

The deck plan for the Constellation is identical to the Summit, Infinity, and the Millennium so if anyone has stayed in these cabins on those ships, I would love to hear about it too.

Sjkabak - If you can book this sky suite--DO IT!! 6145 and 6146 are the best sky suites on the M-class ships. The bathroom is large enough for two, 2 bowls, separate tub and large walk-in shower. The room itself is great. My husband and I book early just so we can have one of these cabins.

Enjoy your cruise with Celebrity - they are the best!! Sandy

I have stayed in that suite and if you have a chance to book it, do it because those suites are always booked first. The bathroom alone makes it worth the money. It's HUGE, with a very large jacuzzi tub, large separate shower and double sink vanity with lots of storage. I didn't see any problem with the connecting door and didn't hear anything from the PH suite. The only problem I found was there is no outlet at the vanity in the bedroom that takes US plugs. The butler had to rig an extension cord from the TV cabinet to the vanity.

Here's a link to pictures of 6146 on Millennium, which is the same as the suite on Constellation. n Just click on the album Millennium SS 6146

http://community.webshots.com/user/darcin5261

Grab It! I had the Penthouse in April on the Summit. I introduced myself to the folks in this adjacent room so when my kids started banging on the baby grand they could tell em to shut up! (Not to mention the GameCube on the widesecreen!) The room is decorated the same as the Penthouse. Dark wood walls and LOTS of marble in the big bathroom. The deck has a gate that also allows access to the rear deck of the Penthouse. Great couple staying in the room....we wound up sharing cocktails on the back deck as we left various ports. Grab it and enjoy!;)

Have been in both of these two rooms on Infinity. Larger room, Jumbo bathroom and even larger deck. Lot of privacy on deck as the Penthouse folks almost never come around the side and the other side has a small work area not associated with the ajoining room, which is a CC room. The room is decorated in the same style and trim as the penthouse suite as the room is designed to be an adjunct to those suites if desired. Which highlights the one drawback already mentioned. That is the location of the grand piano in the Penthouse suite. It is near the door and on a wood floor and it has a player feature so Penthouse guests frequently turn it on for background music. The sound of the piano will flow under the door right into the your suite. This actually occured to us more in the daytime. What we did was take the decorative pillows from our bed and placed them along the bottom of the door to muffle the sound.

Despite this I would book this room anytime I can get it. We partied back and forth with a couple in a Royal Suite a couple of doors down and they thought dollar for dollar we had a better deal.

So it sounds like everyone is in agreement. We should take this cabin because of the additional space and the incredible bathroom. I think we can manage with the lack of closet space because my wife folds everything. I am the only one who hangs stuff. I don't think having a regular door versus the sliding door is a big deal either.

As far as the decorations, from what I have seen from teh few photos I have found the wood is darker, no big whoop. I like the light colored wood too.

My biggest concern is of the noise from the adjoining PS. How bad is it really. I live in an apt building in South Florida on the intracoastal. I have plenty of neighbors and even a draw bridge that sounds a horn every 30 minutes. It has never bothered me, but at the same time this was suring the day. While sleeping, I need quite. It is just me.

So my question is how bad is it really. I realize it depends on the people in the PS itself, but when they are playing the piano, how loud is it? I mean can you hear voices or can you hear conversations? Would these noises be covered up by a fan? I sometimes use a stand fan to drown out the noise.

Would that cover it up? or is it really that loud?

Steven

Everyone's different. We were looking for an extremely relaxing time, and unfortunately, just the thought of having to ask someone to quiet down - especially after they've paid the price of the PH - didn't appeal to us. I'm sure some wouldn't mind at all and even might get chummy with the neighbors, but it wasn't for us. We're more the type who prefer to cocoon in our cabin without intrusion.

The large heavy adjoining door(s) are in a corner of the Penthouse suite. The dining table for 8 is adjacent followed by a desk area with laptop. The piano is across the room. The entertainment/media center is also across the room. The bedroom is in another are entirely. Unless you have some wild party animals in the P-Suite, I cannot believe the sound would be that significant. If it is a problem, mention it to your Butler. He is more that likely servicing the P-Suite also and can discreetly mention that Led Zeppelin at 3:00 am is not everyone's cup of tea. It is a truly unique room and worthy of your indulgence.

I need some advice.

Grab it! The cabin is beautiful, lots of room great bathroom and balcony. Our family will be in that cabin again this year..6146, 6144 and 6136..Last year, we never saw the "PH neighbors" except for sail away and one other time docking in St Thomas..never heard a bit of noise, took a nap at 3 every day on the love seat with the door open to the balcony..:D

Lorry

• 1 month later...

My new wife and I just came off Infinity a couple of weeks ago having stayed in 6145. The only noise from the Penthouse was when they would play music - our recent neighbors had a love for Meatloaf - the musician, not the entree. The volume of the noise was minimal and noticeable but never intrusive. I wouldn't hesitate a second to book that room again. I spent many afternoons on our veranda with a glass of scotch and a cigar. It was heaven.

honeymoon035_640.jpg

We stayed in 6146 on Constellation about 4 years ago. Definately much larger than the normal Sky Suites. We did have quite a few problems with our neighbors in the Penthouse, they liked to play the piano and the stereo very loudly at 2 in the morning, and you could hear it clearly through the walls. I think there were a lot of complaints as we had several higher-ups from the hotel and housekeeping staff come and apologize after the second night we didn't get much sleep. It got much better after that, could still hear them playing music before dinner and during the day but got used to it after awhile. Other than that the extra space was wonderful, particularly in the bathroom. Was great to have a separate shower and tub when getting ready for dinner.

• 1 year later...

Someone else on this thread mentioned a jacuzzi tub in 6146, however photos of 6146 on Millennium show only a tub, no jacuzzi tub. So I'm wondering if 6146 on Summit has a jacuzzi tub or not. ????

Someone else on this thread mentioned a jacuzzi tub in 6146, however photos of 6146 on Millennium show only a tub, no jacuzzi tub. So I'm wondering if 6146 on Summit has a jacuzzi tub or not. ????

We were in 6146 on the Infinity last September. Our tub was exactly like the one in the picture from 6146 on the Millennium and was not a jacuzzi tub. Hopefully someone who has sailed in 6145 or 6146 on the Summit will pipe up but I doubt the tub on the Summit is any different than the tubs on the other ships.

Be aware that, at times, you'll notice some noise and vibrations in 6146. I noticed it mainly in the small area between the bed and the wall separating 6146 and the Penthouse Suite. I'm very sensitive to noise and vibration so it bothered me a little. My wife didn't notice it. YMMV. :D

In spite of the noise and vibration, I would not hesitate to book 6146 again. Hope this helps.

Dave

We were in 6146 on the Infinity last September. Our tub was exactly like the one in the picture from 6146 on the Millennium and was not a jacuzzi tub. Hopefully someone who has sailed in 6145 or 6146 on the Summit will pipe up but I doubt the tub on the Summit is any different than the tubs on the other ships.

Be aware that, at times, you'll notice some noise and vibrations in 6146. I noticed it mainly in the small area between the bed and the wall separating 6146 and the Penthouse Suite. I'm very sensitive to noise and vibration so it bothered me a little. My wife didn't notice it. YMMV. :D

In spite of the noise and vibration, I would not hesitate to book 6146 again. Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

We've sailed aft FVs and CCs a number of times, so we're accustomed to the infamous vibrations. We're happy to shake, rattle and roll in exchange for the wonderful cabins and their large balconies. As to jacuzzi or no jacuzzi tub, it makes no difference. I was just more curious than anything since the comments on the thread didn't translate to the photos!

That's because on the Millennium there is no jacuzzi tub and there is also no covering over the balcony, which exposes 6145 and 6146 to anything coming off of 10AFT. This does not apply to the Summit, Infinity or Connie...just the Millie.

These rooms are great on those 3 ships, but not so much on the Millie. I checked, because we were booked in them and then switched out immediately.

Thanks for the feedback Lsimon & Wineguys. We're sailing next week (Summit) and just yesterday both 6145 & 6146 popped open. We've been holding two mid-ship sky suites for the past six weeks and I've been checking daily for 6145 and/or 6146 to come open. We were able to switch both our mid-ship suites yesterday for these two gems. We feel like we've gotten an upgrade for no additional $$$.

Archived