Foot wear at Coco Cay

I have heard that the sand on Coco Cay was hot and you should wear shoes, also that there are alot of rocks in the water and to wear shoes. My question is this - To get out in the water to the point where you can use your flippers what type of footwear do you wear and can you put your flippers over these? Thanks for any information

Becky

I would recommend shoes for the water. There are so many rocks in the water and they are difficult to avoid. For that reason I do not like Coca Cay, but if I were to ever go there again I certainly would wear some kind of water shoes. My DH is disabled and he was not able to navigate the water at all. Disappointing to him.

I wore my water shoes on the beach and in the water. When I first got in the water, I didn't wear the shoes but did go back to our chairs and put them on. I don't remember it being real rocky but just rough enough that my feet started to get a little tender. I realize that some areas may be softer or rougher than others so, for what it is worth, we were down next to the aqua park.

The sand was hot -- duh, it's a beach I kept telling myself as I scrambled to the water, flippers in hand. While it wasn't the soft white sand we're used to at the Jersey shore, it was no problem to get to a point where I could put my flippers on & snorkel. If I had been going in just to swim around I probably would have worn water shoes.

went to Coco Cay wore just sandles to walk around in but then took them off once at the beach. there weren't any rocks when i was in the water i bought those water shoes but didn't even need them. that is a wonderful place to just let everything go and relax. there isn't any rush to do shopping or sightsee just time to relax and eat the outside BBQ is wonderful. look out for the rooster's

Coco Cay was my favorite...if you really want peace and quiet and an area all to yourself, walk around to the other side....I found a great spot all to myself with a hammock under a little tree right on the water's edge...rented a floating mat, it was HEAVEN...there were some rocks but not a big deal...

oh yea, I went barefooted and the sand wasn't hot to me...now Cocoa Beach on the otherhand, you better have something on your feet, that was the hottest sand I have ever felt...

Archived