Help with Cozumel shore excursions

TwinsMommy

Hi,

I have a few questions about Cozumel shore excursions for Carnival Ecstasy.

(1) Some excursions have short durations. For example, the Dolphin Encounter is 3.5 hours, but the ship is docked from 8 to 4. What do you do for the remaining time? Do you need to return with the arranged transportation?

(2) There are 2 dolphin tours, which one is better for young kids (4 year old)? Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab Park or Dolphin Encounter at Puerto Aventuras?

(3) As for our back-up plan :) for Cozumel, which beach tour is better: Isla Pasion Beach or Playa Mia Beach?

Thanks.

1. You can use the additional time for shopping, going to the beach, another excursion, etc.. I've found that we like to get a little of everything in, if possible. I booked our sea lion excursion at Chankanaab Park so we were able to be there for the excursion and get some beach time in there. We then went back to the port area for shopping before boarding the ship.

2. I would do the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park. You can also get some beach time in there. They have a nice lagoon swimming area for the younger children.

Last year we went to Playa Mia, booked through Carnival. It was fun but very crowded. The beach was only OK. They do have some activities there for the kids. We are returning next year w/RCL and I booked a dolphin swim directly with Dolphin Discovery. We had to take a cab ourself last year since Carnival did not provide transportation and found it very easy, so this time I saw no reason not to just book the entire excursion myself. Besides the dolphin swim it looks like there are several other things to do at Chankanaab Park like mentioned by the previous poster.

Archived