Can I have some feedback on the Comfort Suites Airport/Cruiseport?

4totravel

I also have this hotel booked for Jan '07 (at $115 per ) and would like ANY info on it too. Thinking of Sleep Inn & Suites (on SE 5th ) as an alternative. What's the concensus fellow CCers?? Anyone stay at Comfort Suites lately or better off with Sleep Inn? Which area is better? Both offer airport/cruiseport transfers and other amenities are on par with each other. The Sleep Inn price is $45.00 more than Comfort Siutes-- worth the move? Thanks ahead of time for your replies.

There was a thread not to long ago with a link to the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com . The reviews don't look all that great for this hotel and it's not one that I would take a chance on. That thread is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=419749

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd (not the same hotel but in the same hotel chain) and it was one of the 2 worst hotel experiences I've ever had. Based on the Tripadvisor reviews, Comfort Suites doesn't sound a lot better.

FLL is tough to get a good clean hotel room inexpensively and even tougher for a popular time of year. IMO, it's best to spend the money a go with a quality hotel room rather than take a chance on a bargain.

Hi,:) there is long thread on this page with very good comments

about Sleep Inn. Most everyone has had nothing but really

good things to see about it:D

As for the Comfort Inn......that has had negative reviews

for a very long time.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, next door, last month and we could see the work being done. We are staying at the Comfort Inn next month.

Here's the newest review.

Traveler rating: 5.gif

Hollywood: Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South: "This hotel has been totally renovated - Loved It!!!!"

Oct 5, 2006 Scarlett66, Los Angeles, Ca

s.gifs.gif

s.gif

My experience with this property took place in:

September, 2006

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? absolutely!

We spent a few nights pre-cruise and a few nights post-cruise at the newly renovated Comfort Inn-Airport/Cruise Port in Hollywood, Florida. The hotel offers free Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port transfers. They are only a mile from both. The hotel has just been totally renovated and it looks great. We stayed here a few years ago, and we were so happy and surprised to see the wonderful changes. The breakfast was delicious. The new breakfast room is gorgeous!!

We told all our friends and family about it. We will book this hotel each time we are cruising from Port Everglades.

This TripAdvisor Member:

Liked: New, clean rooms, Location, Breakfast, Location, Free transfers

Disliked: n/a

Thanks all for your replies BUT I believe that 4totravel and I are looking for info on the Comfort SUITES Airport/Cruiseport located at 1800 South Federal Highway just off SE 17th area in Ft. Lauderdale.... not the Comfort INN on Sterling Road. (at least that is where my reservation is. I know it is confusing as this area has both a Suite and an Inn.) How about info on this one??

Thanks all for your replies BUT I believe that 4totravel and I are looking for info on the Comfort SUITES Airport/Cruiseport located at 1800 South Federal Highway just off SE 17th area in Ft. Lauderdale.... not the Comfort INN on Sterling Road. (at least that is where my reservation is. I know it is confusing as this area has both a Suite and an Inn.) How about info on this one??

As I mentioned above you might want to check tripadvisor for reviews. The reviews of both were pretty similar. Similar enough that I booked the Hampton Inn rather than Comfort Suites for our cruise this December.

Good to know the Comfort Inn on Stirling is finally getting some work done to it. However, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not going to give them another shot at my wallet under any circumstances. Especially since complaints were not handled in a proffesional manner.

We did not stay there but had reservations for the saturday after the big blow last year - they had no power but were stuffing people into there rooms - It did not appear to be a place we would stay if conditions were perfect!! we cancelled and went to Pier 66 (the only place in the area with power) for quadruple the price, but had a restful stay with lights and hot water.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed twice pre-cruise. Overall, not a bad place. Pretty nice continental breakfast. The shuttle service is quite good. A couple of places within walking distance to buy some carryon refreshments, if you are so inclined. I intend to stay there in 2 weeks before a cruise on the carnival legend.

I have stayed twice pre-cruise. Overall, not a bad place. Pretty nice continental breakfast. The shuttle service is quite good. A couple of places within walking distance to buy some carryon refreshments, if you are so inclined. I intend to stay there in 2 weeks before a cruise on the carnival legend.

Hi dajim,

Please post back here after your stay as we have decided to keep our reservations here in January. Would sure appreciate an up to date review of the conditions at this place!!

We did not stay there but had reservations for the saturday after the big blow last year - they had no power but were stuffing people into there rooms - It did not appear to be a place we would stay if conditions were perfect!! we cancelled and went to Pier 66 (the only place in the area with power) for quadruple the price, but had a restful stay with lights and hot water.

Ron

We have stayed there 3 different times pre-cruise, the last time was last year when we rode out hurricane Wilma in the hotel. The only reason they were "stuffing" people into rooms is because several hotels in the area were kicking people out because of damage with no where for them to go. It was a nightmare for those people, no cars, no gas, no hotel. I was so relieved when they told me I could stay as long as needed even tho my reservation was for one night. There was no electirity or running water but it was safe and clean. They even helped all guests find shuttle transport to get out of the area. I'll stay there again for future cruises.....

DW and I just stayed there Oct 20th, 2006. I got a great deal on Travelaxe for $54 plus tax. The rooms were clean, quite large and bed was comfortable. The only negative we had is that they put us in a room facing Federal Hwy (SR1) which was very noisy, but for $54 I guess we shouldn't complain. It's within easy, safe walking distance to many restaurants and stores. We took a cab ($5.75) to the waterfront and took the ride-all-day/get on/off wherever you like, water taxi for $10 and had dinner at the historic Downtowner Saloon near Las Olas Blvd.

We didn't take the hotel shuttle to the Cruiseport on the Saturday, as the first shuttle left at 11.00 am and that was full, and they only ran every hour after that. We took another cab to the port (around $6, I think) and arrived at 10.15 am, got seated in the Princess embarkation lounge with boarding tickets #2 and were in our cabin at 12.15 pm. No complaints.

Archived