Where did the boards go?

Norfolk Brit

The CC boards disappeared for several hours today (while our trans-Atlantic cousins were presumably slumbering), with a message appearing saying 'service not available'.

At least it meant the cat got his breakfast before lunch-time, so he was delighted. Anyone know what happened?

Mary

The CC boards disappeared for several hours today (while our trans-Atlantic cousins were presumably slumbering), with a message appearing saying 'service not available'.

At least it meant the cat got his breakfast before lunch-time, so he was delighted. Anyone know what happened?

Mary

your right this is the 3rd morning in a row that the site was down??????????

OMG don't let the Cruise Critic gods do away with this site like Ancientsites.com let happen. You get so wrapped up in a life here it would be disasterous. I hardly recovered from losing my life at Ancientsites. LOL :eek:

The CC boards disappeared for several hours today

I'm glad someone else has mentioned it - I was thinking it must be at my end. They were gone for more than several hours though - they were off at 7-00am and 1-00 pm. They were back on at about 3-00pm, but off again at 5-00pm.

YIKES...me too (South Carolina) !! I got up to it again this morning....like an addict not getting his "fix"....Happened yesterday too a couple of times. Really bad when you keep going back and forth and that same scary message shows up and you wonder if it's you and everyone else is chatting merrily along not knowing that you're missing from the conversation!!! :eek: And you can't even log on to tell them you can't log on!! Does that make sense?:confused: How can I possibly find out how my Roll Call pals are today...ask silly questions....and most importantly get our daily countdown from Trish our scorekeeper...46 days and counting!!!:D

So, Hi Hosts, what's up? Were we bad or something? I promise to behave, just don't give us "service unavailable", please? We'll be nice and never argue about anything else again!! ;)

Cheers, Penny

I'm not normally on during the day. Too busy at work, plus I always feel guilty goofing off, even if it is lunch or break time (Neither of which I take!)

But I am taking the rest of the week off (Because if I don't I might lose some of it, as I have the last two years for not being able to take it.

So I get up, go to log into my beloved cruise critics, And what do I get? Server not available. After several repeated tries (insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result- So I'm crazy about Cruise Critic!) I figured I would go over to my insurance company website and get the name of the foot doctor I saw a few years back (You know, I still haven't seen one about the injury I had hours before leaving to board the QM2 for the labor day cruise)

What do I get! Excuse our service is down while we do maiintenance!

AGGHH!

The END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!

Maybe the machines are all planning and plotting a takeover and world domination! (As if they don't dominate the world already-After all, who could live withou all of their gadgets and everpresent internet. I have often said I stopped watching TV years ago. Who has time when you spend all your free time on Cruise Critic! <G>)

Karie,

Who fears a conspiracy among the machines. They will have us at their mercy! I'd do anything to get my internet back if I lost it! Firstborn? You got it! all of my wealth? All yours! (Well, since I don't have either, those are easy gimmes!)

You mean that it's not you Yanks trying to mess with our European heads?:D

Malcolm...Malcolm...Malcolm...you should know us better than that by now. We depend on you guys for a balanced viewpoint ;) So trust me it's not us....like Karie said, we all were practising our own version of insanity while logging on repeatedly and expecting something different to happen. Cruise Critic...look what you've done to perfectly rational people...well, some of us anyway :p

Host Doug...thanks for the answer. I just knew we hadn't been that bad lately. Actually we've been pretty civilized I thought. Just don't let it happen again or it could cause an international incident....look how Malcolm thought it was us Yanks messing around...think of the ramifications of that line of thinking. :eek:

Cheers, Penny....who better be able to have her morning tea accompanied by her first dose of CC tomorrow.

One of our servers was being naughty. Our IT person has, thankfully, resolved the issue and all should be working as normal again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Doug, If I were you, I wouldn't tip that server. And if they've already put the tips on your account, I would have the pursers office remove them! (But do tip the water boy. It wasn't HIS fault!) <G>

And Penny. Who says we haven't been bad! I've been naughty! Well, in my fantasies, at least. Too tired to be naughty in real life. As I said, I took the day off and tried to clean around the house the great mounds of "stuff". I found "Stuff" from my January Panama cruise mixed in with "Stuff" from my Septemer Cruise, and "Stuff" (incredibly) from my HAL Christmas 2004 cruise!

Do you get the feeling that a lot of things get dumped into the same pile when I unpack from cruises? I always intend to make a nice scarpbook (there I go being naughty again- never getting around to it!) but never seem to (Uh Deja vu all over again. I fell like I've said this somewhere before!) get around to it! <G>

Thanks Doug!

Karie,

Who is confused. Did I really just spend a day off cleaning?

Malcolm...Amen to that!:)

Karie...fess up..you've been on CC all day just in case it went away again! And by the by...I still have "stuff" floating around from a crossing in 1962...luggage tags, initial stickers for luggage, a couple of those neat ribbons from the sailors caps with the ships name embroidered on it, ship stationery, assorted menus which are charming to frame but I never got around to it,etc etc...lots of little bits and pieces from various crossings way back then...would I ever throw them out? NEVER!!! Tangible reminders of memorable times...priceless! :)

Cheers, Penny...who has been called a pack rat on occasion....for our European friends a pack rat is someone who can find a reason to save, forever, the most useless bits of life and attach iconic status to them!!:rolleyes:

Karie...fess up..you've been on CC all day just in case it went away again!

Who, Me?

Cheers, Penny...who has been called a pack rat on occasion....for our European friends a pack rat is someone who can find a reason to save, forever, the most useless bits of life and attach iconic status to them!!:rolleyes:

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Karie,

Pack rat is my middle name

One of our servers was being naughty. Our IT person has, thankfully, resolved the issue and all should be working as normal again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you host Doug and your IT person for fixing it; I have broken the news gently to the cat that my usual appallingly lax service is now resumed.

Regards, Mary (whose husband is v. relieved, as I spent the unexpected spare time internet shopping on the Marks and Spencer website as replacement therapy).

A couple of those neat ribbons from the sailors caps with the ships name embroidered on it

Now how you obtained those could make a very interesting story;)

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Don't joke - In this house things get tidied from one room to another. Eventually, when there's nowhere else to tidy them to, they end up in the study. I'm sitting here surrounded by bits of my former life.

Now how you obtained those could make a very interesting story;)

Don't joke - In this house things get tidied from one room to another. Eventually, when there's nowhere else to tidy them to, they end up in the study. I'm sitting here surrounded by bits of my former life.

Yes it would, I remember it well!!!:D And my lips are sealed!!! ;) Ahhhh, youth!!!:D

As it should be Malcolm...as it should be. Life is too short not to savor the bits and pieces of it. After our big move south last year when a veritable ton of treasures met the dumpster, there survived several boxes filled with memorabilia which now reside in the garage. Periodically Steve will look at them with a raised eyebrow...he has been warned that death could come sooner should they be moved even an inch!:eek:

Cheers, Penny...who is truly non-violent unless her "stuff" is threatened

Malcolm,

I have to wonder if you live on this website - 06.30 in the morning??????

By the way, I do enjoy watching you counter run down to our QE2 Christmas extravaganza.

Gavin... who is not gavboy!

I have to wonder if you live on this website - 06.30 in the morning??????

Almost:eek: When you can't sleep it's astonishing the things you'll get up to!

By the way, I do enjoy watching you counter run down to our QE2 Christmas extravaganza.

I've set it wrong though - it's actually a day late, but I can't find out how to adjust the time:(

A cat writes....

dear host Doug and your it person,

Firstly, may I apologise for any errors in spelling and punctuation, but it is particularly difficult to type when suffering from groin strain, precipitated by a rather unwise attempt yesterday to launch myself at the cat food tin when my breakfast had STILL not appeared at 11am. capital letters cause me particular suffering, and are thus a little erratic. this injury befell me as a direct result of your wretched server being repaired by your over-zealous it department causing my staff, yet again, to forget about me, hence my ill-advised attempt at theft.

This morning, however, i was delighted to discover that the service is again not available, and assume this is in response to my desperate e-mail to you yesterday. As I understand it, America is 5 or 6 hours behind us; were you up all night breaking it? If so, thank you.

Must dash, as I hear the not particularly dainty footsteps of my staff approaching and she has threatened to put me on something called e bay if she catches me cavorting over the keyboard again; this sounds a tad unpleasant, although on reflection does anyone know if Madonna shops on there?

With best wishes, Martin (who Mary alleges is ginger, but who rather prefers the more poetic African sunset)

Archived