Mahaual Beach Break

FUNGIRLS

I Was Wondering If I Can Get Feedback If Anybody Has Gone On The Mahaual Beach Break? How Was The Water And Of Course The Drinks? Does Anybody Know The Prices Of The Water Activities? And If We Get This Excursion, Is It Near Anywhere Else Of Interest?

I Was Wondering If I Can Get Feedback If Anybody Has Gone On The Mahaual Beach Break? How Was The Water And Of Course The Drinks? Does Anybody Know The Prices Of The Water Activities? And If We Get This Excursion, Is It Near Anywhere Else Of Interest?

would love to see a response to this as well

Neither one of you said what cruise line you will be sailing on so its had to give you a good response. Reference the "Cats Moew" thread below http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=429315 for an outstanding map on the town. Tequila beach is a little isolated, about a hundred yards or so north of town.

Generally speaking, the cruise line "beach break" will take you to either Tequila beach or Pez Quadro. Its my understanding that the typical ship's excursion will get you something basic to eat and all you can drink. I've heard these excursions are priced between $30-$45 per person.

The cost per person to get to town independently is $3 and the return taxi is $2 pp. That means you have pre-paid $25-$40 pp for food and booze. My family of three adult drinkers went to Pez Quadro on our own for the entire day, ate well and were not walking in a straight line when done. Total cost (including transportation) was under $60 for the three of us. You have to be a pretty heavy drinker to break even with one of the ship's beach break excursions.

As for water toys, the entire area is pretty shallow. I don't remember any wave runners operating anywhere near the beach areas.

Enjoy!

Thanks For The Info. Actually Will Be There In December On The Carnival Valor. We Were Looking Into An Independent Shore Excursion That Was $30 And Includes Open Bar. The One Through The Ship I Believe Only Came With One Drink.

I don't belive that the Carnival excursion for the Beach Break is Pez Quadro.. I think it is a beach in a more "rural" area.. where you need to take their bus.

Pez Quadro is great... takes only a few minutes to get there.. you can either buy the $30 package for all drinks or pay as you go... very nice there.. tables, lounge chairs and food if you wish.

I had a couple of Sol Beers there!! (amongst other drinks)

C

depending on what you want - skip the cruise excursion and go yourself

We were there just last week. It was great!! Take the bus - when you arrive in the port courtyard - follow the signs to TRANSPORTATION - there is a big sign for Mahahual. $3 per person on the bus. The first stop is a beach club - stay on the bus. The next/last stop is "down town" Mahahual. There are tons of places to choose from - all right on the beach. We scoped it out and ended up at EL FARO - right where the bus dropped us. Umbrellas, chairs, tables, and lounge chairs in the water all day, all free if you order a drink. Bucket of beer 6 for $10. Free chips and salsa all day (ask for the HOT, the way they eat it there). Service was terrific. Food was great. Clean place, clean bathrooms. Beautiful water and a great time. We barely made it back to the ship on time, only because we didn't want to leave! Take a cab back - they are lined up waiting for you - for $2 pp. It's a short ride back, maybe 5 - 10 mins.

Across the dirt road from the beach are all of the vendors with their wares. They are all eager to have your business, but none were overly agressive. Musicians, vendors (kids, bracelets, nuts, bananas) stoll the beach, but all were polite and not too pushy.

No water toys, but it looked like fishing, jet skis, etc. were available up and down the beach.

Go to EL FARO and see Adriana that the family with MAMMA in the shade sent you. She went out of her way to keep us happy.

We had a great BEACH BREAK and also experienced authentic Mexico.

Let me know if you have questions, or if you want pix. ENJOY!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION. IF WE CAN SEE PICTURES THAT WOULD BE GREAT. AT THE BEACH DID THEY OFFER WRISTBANDS (FOR DRINKS)SO YOU COULD JUST PAY ONE PRICE AND NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH PULLING OUT MONEY ALL THE TIME? WAS THERE SNORKELING BOATS NEAR THE BEACH THAT WOULD TAKE YOU OUT? IS IT ANYWHERE NEAR TEQUILA BEACH? HAS ANYONE BEEN HERE?

depending on what you want - skip the cruise excursion and go yourself

We were there just last week. It was great!! Take the bus - when you arrive in the port courtyard - follow the signs to TRANSPORTATION - there is a big sign for Mahahual. $3 per person on the bus. The first stop is a beach club - stay on the bus. The next/last stop is "down town" Mahahual. There are tons of places to choose from - all right on the beach. We scoped it out and ended up at EL FARO - right where the bus dropped us. Umbrellas, chairs, tables, and lounge chairs in the water all day, all free if you order a drink. Bucket of beer 6 for $10. Free chips and salsa all day (ask for the HOT, the way they eat it there). Service was terrific. Food was great. Clean place, clean bathrooms. Beautiful water and a great time. We barely made it back to the ship on time, only because we didn't want to leave! Take a cab back - they are lined up waiting for you - for $2 pp. It's a short ride back, maybe 5 - 10 mins.

Across the dirt road from the beach are all of the vendors with their wares. They are all eager to have your business, but none were overly agressive. Musicians, vendors (kids, bracelets, nuts, bananas) stoll the beach, but all were polite and not too pushy.

No water toys, but it looked like fishing, jet skis, etc. were available up and down the beach.

Go to EL FARO and see Adriana that the family with MAMMA in the shade sent you. She went out of her way to keep us happy.

We had a great BEACH BREAK and also experienced authentic Mexico.

Let me know if you have questions, or if you want pix. ENJOY!

carmcoop,

I'd like very much to see any pictures you have from your trip. I've read reviews about Cats Meow, Pedros and Maya Palm but I haven't seen anything about the place you went to. It sounds great and I'd love to see anything you'd like to share about it including any more bits of information. Thanks for your time,

OK, I really didn't mean to be a tease. I have some great digital pix, how can I share them on this message board?

I've tried to copy the photo, then use the "insert image" icon, but it comes up blank.

I tried file attachments, but one pix exceeds the limit on file size for this message board.

Majuahaul; is very cheap- youwill have to drink an awful lot of drinks to get your moneys worth.

Personally I dont think the beach deals are worth it. Drinks and food are VERY cheap here. Those coronas were only 2 bucks for cold ones.

Majuahaul is a long beach-- with places to eat and drink across the sandy road from each beach. THe beachislines up with tables and chairs.. if you buy your stuff from the bar/resturant you get the table and chair for free.

Honey and I ate at Tappas and had a few sodas and the total bill was less then 10 bucks.

Massages can be had on the beach-- 20 minutes for 20 bucks. But wait til later in the afternoon when its less crowded and boy can you get a deal-- we got 50 minutes for the same 20 bucks.

Take your own towel. THe people take US dollars. Carry VERY small bills $1s and $5s

go to webshots there are hundreds of photos.. type in under the search-- costa maya beach break there are over 100 photos to see

I am so jealous..It was my favorite stop on the cruise...We had a great waiter that took such good care of us..my friends shoe broke and her found her new sabatos...I went with a good size group..we sat at a table and ate and drank some went swimming others were entertained by the locals...people are very friendly..our waiter's name is manuel..very young is about 20 now..I can not wait to return...this is true mexico..have fun:p

We were in Costa Maya last week...gorgeous beach and water right next to tons of shopping and restaurants. We sat on the beach at Mahahual (for free) and paddled in clear, clean, warm water, ate at Los Arrecifos (a beach restaurant with a sand floor and very friendly people!) and shopped for souvenirs. It is so serene there. We didn't buy a beach break since it's all very casual there.

We were in Costa Maya last week. Prior to the cruise I had booked this excursion: http://www.*****.com/Tour_TequilaBeach.cfm via the internet and not the ship.

This was probably one of the best excursions we have ever been on. After a three dollar taxi ride to the beach, we were met at the club by a gentleman named Otto (from Indianapolis if I recall). He told us about our package and introduced us to our waiter. After picking out our spot on the beach, our waiter (I forget his name) was always attentive and quick to ring our drinks, food, or anything else we might need. BTW leave you beach towels on the ship as they are provided for you here (You just have to ask).

The Drinks were good (not watered down), the food was good, the beach clean, and the service first rate.

I would HIGHLY recommend them.

For $20 PP all you could drink at a little bar by the beach in town. Can't rember the name but it had a big red Coke sign and red Coke beach umbrellas, it next to the yellow hotel in town. For an extra $15 for the both me and the wife, we had a guy take just the 2 of us out to the reef where we snorkled for about 1 1/2 hours. Also, a huge plate of nachos was included. We drank beer, mixed drinks with the local ice and eat their food and no sign of illness yet.

We were in Costa Maya 11/16/06. Our friends jet skied for about 1hour and that was cheap, $30 or $35. We all made sure we got our $20 worth and were pretty toasted when it time to get back to the ship. Trans to town $3pp, $2pp back. Just about the most fun part of the whole trip.

• 1 month later...
We were in Costa Maya last week. Prior to the cruise I had booked this excursion: http://www.*****.com/Tour_TequilaBeach.cfm via the internet and not the ship.

This was probably one of the best excursions we have ever been on. After a three dollar taxi ride to the beach, we were met at the club by a gentleman named Otto (from Indianapolis if I recall). He told us about our package and introduced us to our waiter. After picking out our spot on the beach, our waiter (I forget his name) was always attentive and quick to ring our drinks, food, or anything else we might need. BTW leave you beach towels on the ship as they are provided for you here (You just have to ask).

The Drinks were good (not watered down), the food was good, the beach clean, and the service first rate.

I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Thanks for posting this. It is exactly what we are looking for since they have wave runners which is a must do for my son.

Bill

Archived