Inside Cabin Room Size

ned70

Can anyone tell me where I can find the size (sq. ft) of the inside cabins on Sovereign of the Seas? I understand they are small, just want to know how small.

If you'll go to this web site, it has all the ships/deck plans/cabins info you would ever want. This is to the Sovereign:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/RC/sovereign.htm

Hope this helps.

We were in a category M on the Monarch (two lowers and 1 upper). My DH and DS were first-timers on that trip and honestly - their first comment was "where's the rest of it?". The insides are reported to be 119 ft. sq., which seems about right - 9 X 10 main area and about 4X5 bathroom. You can find information about all the cabin categories if you go through the booking engine on the RCCL website. It doesn't list the sizes on the main ship's information pages and the pictures there, although accurate, do seem to make them look a little more spacious than they really are.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. Small cabins or not, we LOVE the Sovereign Class - unbeatable for a short vacation! Have a great time!:)

If you'll go to this web site, it has all the ships/deck plans/cabins info you would ever want. This is to the Sovereign:

Hope this helps.

I went to this site and checked out sizes of the staterooms. The sizes of the rooms stated on this site are quite a bit different than the sizes listed on the RCCL site. We have a PR room on the Explorer. this site lists it as 147 sq. ft. and the RCCL site lists it as 167 sq. ft.

Why the difference? Is one site counting the bathroom and the other not?

If you go onto the RCCL site you can view all the rooms and also get a 360 degree pan view.

The inside cabins are perfect for one person, almost doable for two, impossibly crowded for more than that. The outside cabins, while only 3 square feet larger, have better storage and are a bit more comfortable.

I read all the time where people say they are happy to squeeze into that small a cabin with 3 or 4 people. Perhaps if you all pack only a carry on each and schedule prep time so not all of you will be in the cabin at the same time.

When it is only the 2 of us, we found one had to sit on the bed while the other changed their clothes. We also find that small a cabin is more comfortable if we have the beds separated, instead of together. The price is low enough for us to enjoy a short cruise, I'd not stay in this size cabin for more than 4 days.

Here is a diagram of your cabin: (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

There's a book you can get at the library--Cruise ships! It will compare every single ship in every single cruiseline--give you sq. footage for every type of cabin, etc.... Everything you'd ever want to know is in this book- Check it out!!!!

Archived