Football Bowl games shown on ships?

richnorto

I was on the Sun from 10/11 through 10/18.

I just KNEW I'd be able to watch a certain game (that I feel you watched) that was played Saturday evening 10/14.

The Sun has no sports bar, and "regular" ESPN is not on, at least not most of the time, in the staterooms.

At least I didn't spend two hours (second half) swearing at the TV. :cool:

Bottom line, I don't know if the bowl games played during that timeframe will merit bumping the movies they show from the Vista Lounge.

Are you really that interested in watching Bama lose in Shreveport?

Not all games are shown. Games that are shown nationally will be.

Tvs are usually picking up stations from somewhere. Most of our cruises they picked up denver-- so a game played in Denver will have the first priorty.

We will be on the Sun Dec 20-30. I have a feeling there may be some college bowl games we won't want to miss. Is there some kind of satallite feed for the big games?

WAR EAGLE!!!

The only football games we have seen on the cabin TVs are those European ones. The games where they use that round ball. :(

We will be on the Island Princess LA-Hawaii for 15 days, Does anyone know if they will be showing games on this ship?

I was on the Island during the last week of December and first week of January. The stations that carry the bowl games (like ABC) aren't on the satellite that beams to the ship. Princess did purchase time on the satellite that does, but the signals can be very intermittent and were on our cruise, according to one of our tablemates who went to the Universe Lounge to catch whatever football he can.

I wouldn't hold my breath about getting any of the regular games, if I were you.

Just wanted to add a note concerning the TV viewing on the CP cruise I took last week. My sister spent a fair amount of time resting in the cabin (that cancer really takes it out of you), and the TV guide they provided never matched the times that the actual programs were on. Particularly on the (I think)USA channel, she would see a commericial for movie that was supposed to be on that nite, and then it would never be on! Very strange! We did get to watch some of the Series on MUTS, although with no NY teams playing, wasn't as crowded as it might have been. The other thing that drove me a little nuts was the flat screens are placed so far back you need to do some contorting to change the channel (arm over head).So practice up on your yoga, or if you are bringing a child along, assign them remote duty, like my father did to us way beack when before there there were remotes. ANyone else remember actually getting up to turn that knob that only went up to 13? I swear that's why my dad had us kids...Okay #1, you're my shoveler/raker/mower, #2, you're my beverage steward, #3, my remote control.....

Archived